Cusa - Mwc Discuss Bond Beyond Bowl Games

MeanGreen61

This would be very bad news for North Texas. If C-USA and the MWC develop a marketing alliance, the MWC would have no need to try and hold the DFW market by adding UNT with C-USA having SMU in DFW. The MWC could then stay with their current numbers or focus on adding new markets.

It would be bad for the Sun Belt too. It would in essence create a second tier BCS, and the Sun Belt, MAC, and WAC (if it survives) would be reduced to glorified FCS conferences, more then they already are.

Wasn't there all kinds of news a couple of weeks ago about the BCS commissioners, well at least the Big 10 comish, telling the non-AQ schools that there were not going to get any more? This looks like more.

Only this time the Mountain West and CUSA aren't demanding more. They are manipulating the current system in order to get more. This could be very bad news for every school not associated with an AQ conference, the new Mountain West, or Conference USA.

Only this time the Mountain West and CUSA aren't demanding more. They are manipulating the current system in order to get more. This could be very bad news for every school not associated with an AQ conference, the new Mountain West, or Conference USA.

I don't see how they are they are manipulating the system to get anything. To have an extra game, each conference has to vote to allow them - not just the Mountain West and CUSA, but the Belt, the MAC, SEC, everyone. Delany with the Big 10 has already said no to anything more, period, end of discussion. The Belt and the MAC will be no votes as will the WAC if they are allowed to vote. That;s 5 no votes out of the 11 (or 10 if this happens after next December when the WAC is no longer a football conference) already. If any of the other AQ conferences vote no, then the whole play in game is dead. If I'm any BCS conference, why would I vote to reduce the chances of my getting a second team into the big show?