Insight On The Staff

CCAM19

I have been following North Texas football for the last two weeks ever since I heard that Coach Mac was going to be hired as the head coach. After reading several of the posts that various people have written I decided to post a little insight about some of the coaches on the staff. Let me start by verifying my credibility. I was a student/athlete at Iowa State from 1999-2001. I played for Coach Mac, my position coach was Coach Quartaro and Coach Nelson and Coach Grant were on the Iowa State staff. Coach Mac and his staff will work day and night to build a program that all North Texas fans will be proud of. The coaches will prepare the players well and they will not leave out any details. The program will produce graduates that are better men and better players than when they got to North Texas. Coach Mac is a motivator who knows how to build a program and will strategically put the right people in the right places to be successful. Coach Quartaro, Nelson and Grant are all players coaches that will develop great relationships with their position players and you will not find very many other coaches as dedicated, qualified and professional as these guys. I look forward to following North Texas football and I guarantee the future will be bright. Good Luck.

CAM - thanks for your first hand input! I think we are all very excited about this staff and can't wait to see them in action. I appreciate you taking the time to visit here and hope that you will come back often. GMG!

CAM you posted several key points and that is why I am extrememly happy that Coach Mac is at North Texas.

"The coaches will prepare the players well and they will not leave out any details. The program will produce graduates that are better men and better players than when they got to North Texas. Coach Mac is a motivator who knows how to build a program and will strategically put the right people in the right places to be successful."

First he will prepare these young men for life and will hold them accountable academically!

Second he will have them prepared to play against whomever the opponent they will be playing.

And finally he will put those young men in a position to be successful.

I am thankful there are people who have walked the walk with Coach Mac and can from personal experience tell us about how he has effected their career in both life and on the field.

CAM...may thanks for the insight. For all the reasons you mentioned, am I'm most excited about the future of UNT football. I really do think it is a great time to be a member of the Mean green nation. GO MEAN GREEN!

Good things are happening for UNT!

Personally, I do not think it is a question of NT & the AD hiring an individual to coach the program as it has been the financial commitment of the university to "upgrade" the status of the football program. NT has now, "finally," dug deeper into their pocket books in a realization to "commit" itself to a higher national spotlight than the ESPN Bottom 10. Perhaps the bell finally went off that said.....greater national prominance = more $$.....more wins/season = more $$......more wins per season + bowl games = more $$.......more season tickets/year = more $$.

Unfortunately, it has been disapointing that NT has placed its athletic programs as an "evil" necessity of complying with federal law and somewhat limited financial resources.

Now, NT has the highest paid football coach and what appears to be the most qualified assistants in the SBC.....and perhaps one of the best top five coaches and staff in the mid-majors.....perhaps rivaling the coaching staffs of some BCS programs.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Now we just have to see if this 2,000 pound gorilla can fight.

In a few years I do not want to look back and think of this as another Augean stable.

I have been following North Texas football for the last two weeks ever since I heard that Coach Mac was going to be hired as the head coach. After reading several of the posts that various people have written I decided to post a little insight about some of the coaches on the staff. Let me start by verifying my credibility. I was a student/athlete at Iowa State from 1999-2001. I played for Coach Mac, my position coach was Coach Quartaro and Coach Nelson and Coach Grant were on the Iowa State staff. Coach Mac and his staff will work day and night to build a program that all North Texas fans will be proud of. The coaches will prepare the players well and they will not leave out any details. The program will produce graduates that are better men and better players than when they got to North Texas. Coach Mac is a motivator who knows how to build a program and will strategically put the right people in the right places to be successful. Coach Quartaro, Nelson and Grant are all players coaches that will develop great relationships with their position players and you will not find very many other coaches as dedicated, qualified and professional as these guys. I look forward to following North Texas football and I guarantee the future will be bright. Good Luck.

I can vouch for CCAM19. He is an excellent Cyclone and had a super career in Ames. Great player and I am glad he donned the Cardinal and Gold! Thanks for your input! CCAM19, I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and still supporting Coach Mac.

Have you made it back to Ames recently for a game? It's been a good last couple of years now that the Chizik train wreck is over.

• Upvote 1

I can vouch for CCAM19. He is an excellent Cyclone and had a super career in Ames. Great player and I am glad he donned the Cardinal and Gold! Thanks for your input! CCAM19, I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and still supporting Coach Mac.

Have you made it back to Ames recently for a game? It's been a good last couple of years now that the Chizik train wreck is over.

I have only been back once since 2001. I could not be prouder of the work that Coach Rhoads has done in Ames. I will make it back to Ames soon and you never know... I might make to North Texas.

• Upvote 1