Leach To Maryland

SUMG

"But when Maryland AD Kevin Anderson was asked about Friedgen's future last week, he told reporters, "Next week, everyone will understand where we're going."

ESPN reported during the Troy New Orleans Bowl game that Maryland was reassigning Friedgen to non-head coach duties. I believe they said he has not accepted that reassigment yet (probably waiting on a buyout offer).

Leach doesn't seem like a good fit in a metro area. I would have placed him more at a remote location like Lubbock than near DC. Guess we'll see how it works out. I'm sure they have the $$ to pay him. Interesting that no school was willing to take a chance on Leach, Leavitt or Mangino until now.

The AD in Maryland is new to the job and do not know what the background is in terms of whether ordered to hire Leach or on his own. Also, from some of the papers in the DC Metro area they stated because this guy is new to the job he was out manuvered on which bowl Maryland would go to by the former AD. She went to I believe NC State and got them in a better bowl for the ACC than Maryland which is going to the bowl locally in DC area.

The deal with Leach will be easy and it comes from whats stated in his Maryland contract of services as in: Zero Tolerance! ...

...and then Maryland campus lawyers who put the Leach contract together merely list all the things that got him in trouble at Tech and say "no can do" here, Coach Leach.

Zero tolerance warnings have turned devils into angels in some cases and in others, it became a job-ender.

GMG!

PS: Personally, I'm glad Leach did not end up down here in the Southwest although I'm sure he will have some presence in Texas recruiting, but my guess is he will go more toward Florida than Texas.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen