New Orleans Bowl Question

shaft

That's not correct. The NCAA sets a minimum payout for bowls ($750k), but there is some flexibility when it comes to ticket package. Teams can take a lower cash payout in exchange for not having to buy as many tickets/hotel stays.

So back to the original question did the bowl switch conference affiliations this year?

That's not correct. The NCAA sets a minimum payout for bowls ($750k), but there is some flexibility when it comes to ticket package. Teams can take a lower cash payout in exchange for not having to buy as many tickets/hotel stays.

So back to the original question did the bowl switch conference affiliations this year?

Beleive ESPN engineered a switch to get UTEP in the New Mexico Bowl. Saw where La Tech would have gone to NO if they had won their last game for a 6-6 season.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Yep. Team speed was a big difference. Go back and watch the first Troy offensive possession, and it's pretty obvious, for sure.

Troy figured out what Boise had years ago on this overall team speed thing. It's a "no brainer" until you find yourself with a decent and talented football team that is still 1 step too slow and then thats when you find out you can no longer dominate a league even like the Sun Belt Conference any longer.

Thats what happened in DD's last few years of not recruiting well while he waited on a bigger and better job because of 4 bowl games few outside the Mean Green Nation saw as that big a deal. The bowls were great for the national publicity it gave our school and for that we will always be grateful for DD's efforts those 4 seasons, but the ones we really needed to impress (the national, regional and local sports/poll voting media) seemed to all be duly unimpressed. That was no ones fault at North Texas, either. It was just the new conference "no respect" thing that would have happened with almost any new league in any part of the USA. I do think the SBC with a couple of Troy's teams could have beaten a couple of Top 25 ranked MAC teams, though, but I also think Troy being a member of the 'Belt kept that from happening, too.

My bet is that Coach McCarney and Staff turn much of this media-thinking around but it will still take some time.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Seeing Ohio on TV made me appreciate the switch from hunter green to kelly green again. Hunter is just too dark for TV.

I happened upon the Jets game yesterday and noticed that they make a darker shade of green work (even though they were in road whites yesterday, they showed highlights from previous games). Not sure what it is. More contrast with the white on the uniform? Just better cameras?