Update Out Of Denton

Harry

I am still a little confused about putting the band on the 50 yard line...yes it will be loud, but they should shift the band off to the side and give those midfield seats to the students. The band at Fouts sat on maybe the 25-30 yard line. With the size of the band particularly, it is just an odd place to put them.

Excellent news...so I guess there are 21 suites? You mentioned that 18 of 19 or sold with the other two being for the AD and Prez. This is GREAT news indeed. Yes, focus will shift from the selling of suites to the selling of Club level seating by the entire AD development staff I would assume, so that will really shift emphasis and get more Club level seats sold. All the better for the stadium and the department and the University.

Super news!!!! Good things are happening at UNT these days. You just have to open your eyes to see them!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Sort of lets you know that the team at the AD have been working very hard to sell suites, club seats, naming rights, etc., doesn't it? Tough sell in these slow economic times. can you imagine how sales would be going if the stadium had been built a few years ago? However, the purchaser of the naming rights may have declared bankruptcy by now and backed out of the deal. Ha! If these folks can sell suites in this environment, I say we have a pretty darn good team working on it!

GO MEAN GREEN! Sell...sell...sell....

Also lets you know that UNT, UNT football and that new stadium are things folks are interested in supporting!

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of putting the band on the 50 yd line lower bowl to make it loud behind the opponent's bench. Students can still sit on the 50 in the upper bowl on that side.

As for the speaker tower and video board, the four support holes for it are right next to the AC building, that is look over the deck edge and you see them straight down. I know there will also be an awning extended out from the locker room doors towards the end zone but not sure what those will be attached to. No word on the height of the video board either, ie can we see under it from the deck?

I am still a little confused about putting the band on the 50 yard line...yes it will be loud, but they should shift the band off to the side and give those midfield seats to the students. The band at Fouts sat on maybe the 25-30 yard line. With the size of the band particularly, it is just an odd place to put them.

Some of the band members may be students (grin).

Me too! If our band sat at the 50 yard line. Where will Houston's band sit?

During my time at NT (1979-83), and for at least a few years after, the band was on the 50 yard line. I'm guessing it always had been before 1979. What I don't know is when the band was moved, and why.

To me, the band belongs in one of two places: either on the 50, with students surrounding them, or in the end zone, so they play to virtually the entire stadium.

Why the objection to the band being behind the opposing bench? I've been to games where the band equalled the size of the crowd that remained. They deserve to be in the center of attention. They devote a lot more hours to the football games than other students. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

• Upvote 2

Why the objection to the band being behind the opposing bench? I've been to games where the band equalled the size of the crowd that remained. They deserve to be in the center of attention. They devote a lot more hours to the football games than other students. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

The band does a great job, I just don't think the 50-yard line is the place for them. I am clearly in the minority :rolleyes: . I think the location that they had in Fouts was perfect, and with how much closer they will be to the opposing team in the new stadium, I just don't see why the shift is necessary.

It seems like most schools either put the band in the endzone, or in a corner. I'm not saying we have to be like "most schools" and would prefer that we dont, the band just doesn't need prime seating in my opinion.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

Regarding the "named" pavers mentioned for the track from the locker room through the tunnel to the field, how about the sales being restricted to former players?

That would create a "corridor of years" for the current generation of players and add something to that experience of taking the field.

Regarding the "named" pavers mentioned for the track from the locker room through the tunnel to the field, how about the sales being restricted to former players?

That would create a "corridor of years" for the current generation of players and add something to that experience of taking the field.

I like that idea...Alumni have their place in the Alumni Pavilion, it would make a neat Walk of Fame kind of deal... But typically the paver sales, are for revenue generation, so limiting it to former players, severely limits your total revenue.

Maybe reserve a portion of the walkway for former players?

• Upvote 1

Add me to the list of those that don't think the band should be on the 50 yard line. I can't think of another team in college football that does that. The band members are required to be at games, give the 50 yard line seats to the students that WANT to sit there and who show up early to do so.

That is the sentiment I was trying to get across, you just did a much better job of it than I did.

Up at K-State a couple years ago, they had their band sitting around the 10 yard line, and at Arkansas in 2007, their band sat in the corner of the endzone. With how big our band is, the 50-yard line seats are not, in my opinion the place to put them.

If Coach Dan wants the band at the 50 yard line then that's where they need to be. Shoot, if Coach Dan wants them to sit them in my lap then I will trust his opinion even though it might be a little awkward. It's his football program so I think it's his call. Those seats are already paid for so it's not a revenue issue.

• Upvote 2