Randy Shannon

bdan2002

A friend and I were speculating this morning that he would be a great hire for UT. What do you think, LongJim?

Would love to see Shannon down there. He's got a great rep, and quietly re-made the U into a formidable defensive team again. Would be a great fit, but the scuttle is that Mack doesn't know him from Adam and is trying to get up to speed. Mack likes to be comfortable on a personal level (he talks about "trust" all the time) with his hires, and Shannon is an unknown to him. Between him and Austin, I would love Shannon, personally.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Have you guys heard any rumors at all about Dodge coming in as QB coach? I want to say it was my brother or maybe even my grandmother that said she was watching the news or maybe listening to one of the talk sports radio shows and that there might be a chance that Applewhite goes with Muschamp and that Mack had mentioned bringing in Dodge. I'm trying to find some info on the web but am only coming up with some Horn boards musings about bringing him in as QB coach. Not sure if I can find the material if it was on a radio show.

I was just curious if anyone else hard the same.

Have you guys heard any rumors at all about Dodge coming in as QB coach? I want to say it was my brother or maybe even my grandmother that said she was watching the news or maybe listening to one of the talk sports radio shows and that there might be a chance that Applewhite goes with Muschamp and that Mack had mentioned bringing in Dodge. I'm trying to find some info on the web but am only coming up with some Horn boards musings about bringing him in as QB coach. Not sure if I can find the material if it was on a radio show.

I was just curious if anyone else hard the same.

I may have heard the same report you did, but I was wondering the same thing. Several years back I heard Mack talk about bringing former head coaches onto his staff...he said then that he always wanted those guys on his staff that another college had thought enough about to make them a head coach, even if it didn't work out....so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he offered Dodge a job. And it would probably be good for him to work under someone like Brown.

That and having your signature backwards.

Don't get me wrong. I go to UNT. I love UNT. I have been a Texas fan my whole life though and I cannot abandon them. Can't do it. I am a huge supporter of UNT. No need for you all to take offense to me putting my 2 cents in on the topic, especially from a UT fan's point of view.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 17

I was a fan of other schools for a long time before I had even heard of UNT, but once I stepped on campus I bled green. I will never put another school before UNT, because this is where I went - my second home. I think most people on this board feel similar to the way I do, and therefore they couldn't fathom putting a "cheer" for another school before their own.

Don't fret, he's like all the other UT fans out there, die hard, bleed orange, but never stepped foot on campus, never attended a home football game, a class, nothing. Just a hollow shell of a fan.

Since moving to Florida this year, I see the same thing down here with Gator fans...

My friend, let me explain it to you, UNT opened it's arms, took you in as a student, offers you the chance to earn a degree and relish the college experience. What's UT done for you lately?

Dance with who brought you sir, dance with who brought you.

Most of us on here bleed green. We may "like" other schools or root for other schools for a multitude of reasons, but first and foremost, we're UNT fans. But if UT is your school of choice, then that's fine, but pray tell, why not make the drive 200 miles south down 35 and enroll there?

Only way it could be worse is if you said you were a SMU fan first and foremost.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Don't fret, he's like all the other UT fans out there, die hard, bleed orange, but never stepped foot on campus, never attended a home football game, a class, nothing. Just a hollow shell of a fan.

Since moving to Florida this year, I see the same thing down here with Gator fans...

My friend, let me explain it to you, UNT opened it's arms, took you in as a student, offers you the chance to earn a degree and relish the college experience. What's UT done for you lately?

Dance with who brought you sir, dance with who brought you.

Most of us on here bleed green. We may "like" other schools or root for other schools for a multitude of reasons, but first and foremost, we're UNT fans. But if UT is your school of choice, then that's fine, but pray tell, why not make the drive 200 miles south down 35 and enroll there?

Only way it could be worse is if you said you were a SMU fan first and foremost.

Quite the contrary, I have been to Texas home football games as well as baseball games even. I visited my grandparents often when they lived in Austin, so I was exposed to the Longhorn culture from very early on. This whole argument has come from me putting my opinion in as Longhorn fan about a Longhorn topic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

Quite the contrary, I have been to Texas home football games as well as baseball games even. I visited my grandparents often when they lived in Austin, so I was exposed to the Longhorn culture from very early on. This whole argument has come from me putting my opinion in as Longhorn fan about a Longhorn topic.

On a UNT message board. That's the part your missing that has everyone so fired up. Go to Orangbloods and you're welcomed with open arms. Come to a Mean Green board and confess your faith as a UT fan first and foremost, you will be flamed, flamed hard and deserve to be.

Failed to answer the real question though, if you're such a super fan, were ingrained in the culture at such an early age, then why pledge your allegiance and money to UNT.

LSU, Ohio State, Florida, OU and UT... All schools that have rabid fan bases while less than 10% of that fan base actually attended the school.

Root for where you attend first and foremost. UNT is poised to give you something UT will not. A degree.

I root for Marshall, my brother attended there, played football for the Herd, won big games and built a legacy in Huntington, and I attended every game I could. Closet full of Marshall hats, t-shirts, jackets and the like, all buried away. But first and foremost, I'm a mean green fan, and anyone who knows me knows that I bleed mean green before anything else. Period.

If we wanted to hear the opinion of a longhorn fan on this hiring or potential hiring, we'd all visit orangbloods and get a sense.

Nobody hates you bud, just don't agree with where your loyalty's lie.

Welcome to message boards, kind of a rabid bunch.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On a UNT message board. That's the part your missing that has everyone so fired up. Go to Orangbloods and you're welcomed with open arms. Come to a Mean Green board and confess your faith as a UT fan first and foremost, you will be flamed, flamed hard and deserve to be.

Failed to answer the real question though, if you're such a super fan, were ingrained in the culture at such an early age, then why pledge your allegiance and money to UNT.

LSU, Ohio State, Florida, OU and UT... All schools that have rabid fan bases while less than 10% of that fan base actually attended the school.

Root for where you attend first and foremost. UNT is poised to give you something UT will not. A degree.

I root for Marshall, my brother attended there, played football for the Herd, won big games and built a legacy in Huntington, and I attended every game I could. Closet full of Marshall hats, t-shirts, jackets and the like, all buried away. But first and foremost, I'm a mean green fan, and anyone who knows me knows that I bleed mean green before anything else. Period.

If we wanted to hear the opinion of a longhorn fan on this hiring or potential hiring, we'd all visit orangbloods and get a sense.

Nobody hates you bud, just don't agree with where your loyalty's lie.

Welcome to message boards, kind of a rabid bunch.

I actually do keep up with Orangebloods my friend. I also keep up with this one. I understand why you all might disagree with my loyalties. The reason why I chose UNT was 1) It was closer to home 2) It was considerably cheaper. I will always bleed orange and green too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

I actually do keep up with Orangebloods my friend. I also keep up with this one. I understand why you all might disagree with my loyalties. The reason why I chose UNT was 1) It was closer to home 2) It was considerably cheaper. I will always bleed orange and green too.

I assumed you did. Glad you can at least now see why I was upset. And I could have guessed your reasons for attending UNT without your answers, many of the same reasons I chose UNT. So why not place the school that you can afford, and can attend, at the top of the pecking order? Really all I was saying I guess.

No ill will, swing by for a beer before the home opener, I can prolly get the UT game on the 32" for you B)

Go Mean Green