University Of North Alabama

bdan2002

Maybe we can talk El Centro College into fielding a team and joining our conference too? We would certainly save on travel costs. :rolleyes:

That is small-time thinking...If we are going to raid the DCCCD, we should totally go after Brookhaven. Solid name recognition, impeccable location, and they would add a ferocious new mascot to the SBC (bears). Go big or go home right?.... :P

Edited by Mean Green Matt

That is small-time thinking...If we are going to raid the DCCCD, we should totally go after Brookhaven. Solid name recognition, impeccable location, and they would add a ferocious new mascot to the SBC (bears). Go big or go home right?.... :P

I hear Roffler's Barber College has one helluva' budding football program, and they say they are on the cutting edge of greatness. :rolleyes:(My poor attempt of the Norm dad joke of the month)

GMG!

stangbang! use your influence and help your good neighbor to the north get into a new conference already! :thumbsu:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The Richland Thunderducks have something to say about that....

The Richland Thunderducks have something to say about that....

Could improve our basketball. Based on what I know they did a year or two ago, I bet they could take down Troy, ULM, and at least one other team on a neutral floor.

I'm not really kidding, either.

Ok, I guess my good authority is just a gut feeling. But my gut proved to be correct in the Dodge firing when I felt heading into the season that he'd be fired at some point. So I'm going to roll with it.

Well that's all the proof I need. Now what's your gut say about all this Lehman Brother's stock I'm still holding on to.

Texas State would be a better addition over North Alabama

IMO, SBC Commish' seems to want a deeper Deep South presence in the Sun Belt Conference. I think he is smart enough to realize that North Texas will "probably" not always be a 'Belt member in the future.

If he adds schools like UNA, he is just making sure what happened to Karl Benson of the WAC does not happen to Wright Waters of the SBC. It would be a smart move for Wright Waters, but not one that would excite many of us.

GMG!

IMO, SBC Commish' seems to want a deeper Deep South presence in the Sun Belt Conference. I think he is smart enough to realize that North Texas will "probably" not always be a 'Belt member in the future.

If he adds schools like UNA, he is just making sure what happened to Karl Benson of the WAC does not happen to Wright Waters of the SBC. It would be a smart move for Wright Waters, but not one that would excite many of us.

GMG!

When did Wright Waters ever indicate an interest in UNA. The SBC is not adding FCS schools.

The president of UNA submitted a report to his BOR.

Outlined the possible move to Division 1.

Potential conference candidates: one mentioned is SBC for geographic reasons.

Someone, I think eppy4life, ran with it and thinks UNA is joining the SBC in the near future.

Everyone stated that Waters is not looking to expand the SBC outside of South Alabama joining in football since they are already a member in other sports.