Football Schedule 2011

NT71

Blame the Sunbelt Conference and TV

Well, sort of. The Sun Belt works differently than a lot of the other conferences in that it lets it's schools work out their out of conference games before it announces the conference schedule. The Big XII tells it schools when the conference games will happen and makes them schedule around that. The SBC way gives the school more flexibility in scheduling and thus a better chance to come up with a schedule that best fits their needs. The SBC is also more flexible than most in moving conference games to allow schools to adjust to play better opponents. All that flexibility means the Belt doesn't release its schedule till later than anyone one else. Since the conference schedule isn't set yet, the schools can't release final schedules themselves.

Some do release tentative schedules and we could do that!

• Upvote 1

Some do release tentative schedules and we could do that!

We know for sure Houston will be the home opener 9/10 and Indiana is 9/24. I heard the season opener could be a road SBC game 9/3 but I would hope not. I would like the season and home opener to be the same. Here is what is posted on the season ticket info email...

2011 NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL HOME SCHEDULE

Houston - September 10, 2011

Indiana - September 24, 2011

Four Sun Belt Conference

I'm thinking it's

Home: Houston (Sept 10), Indiana, MUTS, ULM, WKU, FAU

Away: Tulsa, Alabama, Troy, FIU, ASU, ULL

If you know something different, do share.

Isn't it amazing how even our home OOC schedule looks different from others in years past? I guess our first Big 10 opponent at our Denton campus new stadium sorta' makes that happen?

GMG!

We know for sure Houston will be the home opener 9/10 and Indiana is 9/24. I heard the season opener could be a road SBC game 9/3 but I would hope not. I would like the season and home opener to be the same. Here is what is posted on the season ticket info email...

2011 NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL HOME SCHEDULE

Houston - September 10, 2011

Indiana - September 24, 2011

Four Sun Belt Conference

Troy Phillips has been reporting since July that the Indiana game is on October 8th...

North Texas Rivals

vs houston & vs indiana should be sellouts

Houston yes, but Indiana, gonna depend on record at that point. Indiana fans aren't notorious for traveling well, especially not 800 miles or so, to come play a Sunbelt school, ooc, tough sell to all but the die hards. 25K should be a reasonable goal for IU game, even if we're 0-2 at that point with losses to Alabama and Houston.

I desperately want to believe that we'll sell out the home opener, but not 100% convinced. Kind of one of those I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll be there, wife and 2 kids in tow, to witness it, should it happen, which I hope it does.

Houston yes, but Indiana, gonna depend on record at that point. Indiana fans aren't notorious for traveling well, especially not 800 miles or so, to come play a Sunbelt school, ooc, tough sell to all but the die hards. 25K should be a reasonable goal for IU game, even if we're 0-2 at that point with losses to Alabama and Houston.

I desperately want to believe that we'll sell out the home opener, but not 100% convinced. Kind of one of those I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll be there, wife and 2 kids in tow, to witness it, should it happen, which I hope it does.

your talking like we will be playing at fouts next year... and whats this 0-2 talk??? we had atleast 25k come watch Rice at fouts... Houston should definitley be a sell out, and if Indiana comes to denton after we beat the Houston...? that game would be pretty hyped up!!!

ive only seen 1 sellout 31k strong and that was vs Baylor 03 ...so i think vs Houston '11 32k in the new stadium should be no problem... im only concerned that the game wont be 52-20 something (cant remember the exact score)

As with most Big 10 and Big 12 schools, the metroplex is crawling with Indiana grads. They won't have KSU numbers but they will have a respectable representation.

As with most Big 10 and Big 12 schools, the metroplex is crawling with Indiana grads. They won't have KSU numbers but they will have a respectable representation.

I think I re-iterated thoroughly enough my hope and faith it will happen, but 30K is a big #, I hope I eat all my words, but if we open with Houston, make a good effort but lose, then go to Bama, 0-2 is very realistically possible. You all forget that our last great run started after a terrible ooc record and then a win out conference run, and voila, SBC championship and bowl game. Houston is no joke, they're a quality school, we'll have our hands full.

I said we'd sell out Houston, but Indiana, not sure about, let's take a look at it in what, 9 months, and have a drink over it outside our beautiful new stadium. Eitherways, I'll be there, ready to roll.

The day after Mccarney press conference, when he was officially named head coach, the ticket office had 89 NEW deposits for season tickets. That may sound small, but that is a big step for this program to get that many in one day. That did not happen the day after Dodge was hired. Yes, the stadium is also coupled with the change in the head coach, but I think it is still very positive that people believe we are starting to act like big boys.

The day after Mccarney press conference, when he was officially named head coach, the ticket office had 89 NEW deposits for season tickets. That may sound small, but that is a big step for this program to get that many in one day. That did not happen the day after Dodge was hired. Yes, the stadium is also coupled with the change in the head coach, but I think it is still very positive that people believe we are starting to act like big boys.

I'm not at all trying to be that guy, and whole heartedly agree that perceptions, both internal and external, of our program are improving with each piece of the puzzle we add, but don't forget that season ticket sales actually did increase quite significantly when Dodge was announced. I added 2 more seats for my parents the week after he was announced.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34967&st=0&p=284435&hl=+dodge%20+season%20+tickets&fromsearch=1&#entry284435

Just sayin...

Indiana brought at least 3,000 fans to the SuperPit when we hosted them in basketball a few years ago. Indiana football will have a new coach this season and should be at least 2-1 when they play us.

Edited by NT80

we had atleast 25k come watch Rice at fouts...

Houston should definitley be a sell out

We have never had an official sell out in the expanded Fouts, and there is really no reason to expect one against Houston even in the new stadium. Hell, the Rice-Houston game this season only drew 26,000 in a city of 2 million.

Edited by UNTflyer

We have never had an official sell out in the expanded Fouts, and there is really no reason to expect one against Houston even in the new stadium. Hell, the Rice-Houston game this season only drew 26,000 in a city of 2 million.

Thank you. Some people just don't seem to get that you don't go 50+ yrs without a sellout and expect a new coach and new stadium to sell out.

Will attendance be increased at the end of next year, absolutely. Will we sellout the stadium for any game in it's first year, probably not.

And Indiana basketball is a tradition rich, way of life. Indiana football is nowhere close to the same passion or fan base.

And yet again, no one is hoping and more excited to see us make the move across the street to a packed house stadium, but a little bit of perspective goes a long way. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither will a rabid fan base of 30K strong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1