Jackson State (12/11/10)

CMJ

A few comments about last night's win.

This was a nice win. A blow out for much of the game. And this is a team that has played us tight the past few games if I recall correctly. Shows that we have definitely step things up a notch.

Although a 'nice win,' I find it hard to get excited knowing we got beat by 20 at Sam Houston. This sour feeling might actually last all season... though it might be cured by a road win against LSU :D

I am not sure if this was mentioned last night, but Triston Thompson went head first into the hard wood. I had a perfect angle... his forehead struck directly into hardwood after getting knock out of the air during his drive to the basket. He was unable to cushion this fall much, if at all. I could not believe he actually got up.. it appeared to be very nasty. I see no way he could not have suffered a mild concussion. He was also holding his right (I think) wrist while sitting on the bench for an extended time after this fall. I wish Triston the best and hope that he is OK.

Hopefully Kedrick will be OK too.. he has emerged as a serious scoring threat and his defense last night was crazy good.. several of us noticed this... he was really getting after it... and of course his shot blocking is always fierce. We wondered who would step up and fill in Tremeil's minutes, and I think we have our man (which I am pleasantly surprised as I thought Hogan would only be a limited role player). In short, we are screwed if Hogans is out for any length of time.

It was really good to see us bend but not break when playing with a lead. They cut the lead down to 14 at one point, but we never let ourselves even get close to blowing it.

If Ben Knox had thrown down that dunk the place would have gone absolutely bonkers...he had a few good rebounds as well...when Knox looks pissed off his game seems to improve some.

When Hogans went down, it was more silent in the Super Pit than it was for the actually moment of silence for Francis Stroup.

Attendance: 3177. Not bad during finals week. I saw highlights of the Ok. State game on ESPN earlier, and their arena was almost empty as well. UNT is not the only place that happens.

I think 3,177 is great attendance right before Christmas break. UNT overall home attendance has to be on the rise from years past!!! :clapping:

I don't know if Men's BB pays for itself from AD budget standpoint, but I think it might. Hopefully the increased attendance will allow for upgrades to the PIT, and additional $$$'s for recruiting.