Jackson State (12/11/10)

CMJ

If JJ doesn't win this game by 50 he needs to be relegated to towel boy...and forced to listen to old Raceweeks, on consecutive loop, for the next year.

Speaking of godawful shows that only "appeal" to a tiny, fringe, niche audience... What are you up to later?

• Upvote 1

After the debacle at SHSU, this game is incredibly important (if only for our confidence). Hopefully we get a good crowd, we may need it.

I wouldn't count on a big crowd. Student turnout is never as good on Saturday compared to Thursday and the fact that it's the weekend before finals should lower the attendance even more.

I wouldn't count on a big crowd. Student turnout is never as good on Saturday compared to Thursday and the fact that it's the weekend before finals should lower the attendance even more.

Unfortunately that is how most of our student body thinks right now...I just graduated in August and I have never understood why people don't just take a 2-hour study break and enjoy a basketball game.

If Coach Mccarney goes out to the student organizations, and the dorms, and Greek life as he said during his press conference, I think we will see that excitement and passion spread over to the basketball attendance next year. There are two things that would significantly change the student culture as far as basketball attendance concerned. 1) having a successful football team get students excited early in the year, and this will spread to basketball. 2) Athletics actually marketing more than just the big games against OOC opponents. Not every student is like the students here on GMG.com that check MeanGreenSports all the time. Even people that pay NO attention know when the football games are, but that is not the case with basketball.

Unfortunately that is how most of our student body thinks right now...I just graduated in August and I have never understood why people don't just take a 2-hour study break and enjoy a basketball game.

If Coach Mccarney goes out to the student organizations, and the dorms, and Greek life as he said during his press conference, I think we will see that excitement and passion spread over to the basketball attendance next year. There are two things that would significantly change the student culture as far as basketball attendance concerned. 1) having a successful football team get students excited early in the year, and this will spread to basketball. 2) Athletics actually marketing more than just the big games against OOC opponents. Not every student is like the students here on GMG.com that check MeanGreenSports all the time. Even people that pay NO attention know when the football games are, but that is not the case with basketball.

I think it's sad our Athletics Dept isn't plastering every dorm, hallway, and university owned property with marketing materials on every upcoming game. This is such a missed opportunity to build a fan base that grows into donors.