Why Bowen Is So Attractive

Harry

From LJ World:

"Bowen could represent an attractive pick for the Wildcats because of his significant recruiting ties in Kansas..."

If Coach Bowen can tap into the talent at the JUCO system in Kansas he will be a major asset for us. Also he sounds like an excellent BCS experienced coach! Welcome to Coach Bowen!

You know, you can give me all the negative points you want, but it was just a question....and a valid one too. How many of you people hitting the - buttons thought it was okay for Coach Dodge to bring his HS defensive coordinator with him?

I like what I've seen so far from Coach McCarney, but I'm still not a "blind faith" person. I still reserve the right to ask questions.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 11

You know, you can give me all the negative points you want, but it was just a question....and a valid one too. How many of you people hitting the - buttons thought it was okay for Coach Dodge to bring his HS defensive coordinator with him?

I like what I've seen so far from Coach McCarney, but I'm still not a "blind faith" person. I still reserve the right to ask questions.

It wasn't a valid question, it was a shot.

• Upvote 2

Perhaps I am missing something. Did we hire Coach Bowen?

Nevermind, just saw the other thread.

Edited by UNTBill
  • Upvote 1

How many points did we score on the WKU defense?

I went to look at Sun Belt defensive stats. I looked at conference only because I think that offers the best comparison.

Points Allowed

1. FIU 23.9

6. UNT 27.0

7. WKU 28.0

Yards Allowed Per Game

1. WKU 349

7. UNT 396

From looking at those stats, I'd say WKU had a better defensive than North Texas did this year (at least in conference play). Also, remember Bowen only had one year to work with WKU. I'm also confident that McCarney will provide lots of guidance and help for Bowen since McCarney has a defensive background.

EDIT - Link for Stats: http://www.cfbstats.com/2010/conference/818/index.html

Edited by KoldBeer

I went to look at Sun Belt defensive stats. I looked at conference only because I think that offers the best comparison.

Points Allowed

1. FIU 23.9

6. UNT 27.0

7. WKU 28.0

Yards Allowed Per Game

1. WKU 349

7. UNT 396

From looking at those stats, I'd say WKU had a better defensive than North Texas did this year (at least in conference play). Also, remember Bowen only had one year to work with WKU. I'm also confident that McCarney will provide lots of guidance and help for Bowen since McCarney has a defensive background.

EDIT - Link for Stats: http://www.cfbstats.com/2010/conference/818/index.html

Interesting. Thanks for the link and data. This hire looks a little better now.