New Lala Coach?

StealthEagle84

His name started popping up last year; and definitely again around the time we played OSU in Lafayette this Oct. He played baseball and football for the Cajuns, played pro ball, and from what I've heard, he is a heck of a recruiter. I would suspect he is one of the top 3 guys being looked at right now. Can't confirm it; but I think he interviewed already, and is set for another VERY soon. We've got 3 guys we're looking at that most would be OK with: DeForest, Hudspeth, and Orgeron. Orgeron is the most "interesting"; but probably the least likely. Word is we may know something at the end of this week; but also hearing we are conducting more interviews than originally planned due to interest in the job.

Just saw a note on espn1420 (Lafayette) from BOP. Indicated that interviews are wrapping up. AD and Associate AD were in Atlanta last week. Confident that Hudspeth and Sewak (Ga Tech) had been interviewed; along with a couple others (not known exactly who), and that the duo had also headed west towards Houston for a couple interviews yesterday, presumably Viator from McNeese (apparently he has some big $$ supporters in our town), and another. Deforest was interviewed via phone for sure; but not known yet if in person.

As you guys know, this is both a fun and frustrating process. Hopefully we make a good hire.

Edited by Shof

good luck to you guys Shof. I hear that Orgeron is a tenacious recruiter and perhaps one of the best in the country at that.

His name is not being mentioned much WRT the final group. Deforest recruits Texas really well for OSU; but that doesn't mean he could get those kids to go to Lafayette. But it sounds like he really wants the gig. We should know something by the end of the week, hopefully.