Mid-Major Poll

UNTflyer

I honestly believe that aside from SHSU, there isn't any reason we can't win out the rest of the schedule. Even if we lost to LSU and SHSU, I think 26-3 is realistically attainable.

Since we yet again have to play Western on the road I don't think that game should be counted as an automatic 'W'. We always seem to lose at least one conference game we shouldn't. As much as I would love to see it I don't think 26-3 is realistically attainable.

If I am wrong I will take my lumps (and ticket to the NCAA tournament) at the end of the season.

I honestly believe that aside from SHSU, there isn't any reason we can't win out the rest of the schedule. Even if we lost to LSU and SHSU, I think 26-3 is realistically attainable.

Can't see us running through the Belt unscathed. UALR (play them twice) is gonna be tough. We play at Western. FAU has show signs of having something.

Plus, as CMJ said, sometimes you're just due for a loss. You're gonna have nights where you can't buy a bucket, get in early foul trouble or have to play lineups you'd prefer not to roll out there due to injuries.

fyi,belt board had sarigan strengtn of schedule rankings. usa was 1st in belt with rating of 22, we were last in coferecnc with rating of 300+. i don't know what to make of such a low strength of schedule vs. ranked 10th in mid-majir poll.

It is true that we have not had the strongest schedule, but regardless, the Sagarin ratings are BS.

Can we finish 26-3? Yes, but it is highly unlikely. I think we'll lose three to four games in the Sun Belt. To go undefeated in league play you have to be lucky and heads and shoulders above everybody else. North Texas is pretty close to the top 3 or so teams in conference. Plus, you have to account for a game when things just don't go your way.

Kenpom is predicting a 21-8 (11-5) season for us. I think we'll do better than that, but I think that's more realistic than 26-3 (16-0).

I just think we need to be careful about setting unrealistic expectations for this team. I'd hate to see people be upset at a 22-7 (12-4) season.

KENPOM UNT LINK: http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=North%20Texas

Edited by KoldBeer

Can we finish 26-3? Yes, but it is highly unlikely. I think we'll lose three to four games in the Sun Belt. To go undefeated in league play you have to be lucky and heads and shoulders above everybody else. North Texas is pretty close to the top 3 or so teams in conference. Plus, you have to account for a game when things just don't go your way.

Kenpom is predicting a 21-8 (11-5) season for us. I think we'll do better than that, but I think that's more realistic than 26-3 (16-0).

I just think we need to be careful about setting unrealistic expectations for this team. I'd hate to see people be upset at a 22-7 (12-4) season.

KENPOM UNT LINK: http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=North%20Texas

I think the 22-7 record is going to be fairly accurate, assuming there are no injuries the rest of the way. Our depth will hurt us in conference, since your opponents know you better.

why? i have found them to be very accurate over the years as regards football. just asking.

Right now the teams are "not well connected," so the beginning ratings for the teams are still influencing the overall sagarin rating. Forgot to put that in the original post. They will become more accurate as the season goes on because the statistical sample size will grow. They always seem a little off to me, but once the teams are connected they will be out of "BS" territory.