A Great Quote From Coach Mac

Harry

Excerpt from Timmy Mac's ESPN article:

Suddenly, transforming a North Texas program that went 13-58 over the last six seasons into a winner doesn't seem so impossible.

"It stimulates me. It invigorates me," McCarney said. "TCU wasn't a household name for decades and now they are. Everybody in the country respects Gary and the job he's done. SMU had the Death Penalty and had fallen off the college football landscape for years and years and years and years, and look what they've done.

"If they can do those kinds of things and bring respect and honor and winning to those programs, then why can't we? I mean, really, I don't look at it as a negative. I look at it as those are two of the greatest examples in the country that just happen to be nearby us on how it's supposed to be done and what you can do.

"Let's go do it here at North Texas."