I Hope We Move Daniel Prior Back To Lb

SUMG

Who will play U-Back? Prior was a U-Back, not a TE; and was very effective in the run game. I'm with you on concerns about depth at LB; but who will be U-back?

Maybe I missed it---and that's very possible...but how many plays was Danny in on, at U Back...in the K State game? Lots? I didn't notice him out there if he was out there.

And I'm asking....not trying to be argumentative. If he was lead blocking a lot in the K State game...you might be right.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I missed it---and that's very possible...but how many plays was Danny in on, at U Back...in the K State game? Lots? I didn't notice him out there if he was out there.

And I'm asking....not trying to be argumentative. If he was lead blocking a lot in the K State game...you might be right.

I would say Prior was out there for 30+ offensive plays during the K State game. Canales was switching personnel groups a lot, but Prior was in there for a nice amount of playas. He was one of the lead blockers in the last 5 games after the handcuffs were off of Canales.

and I agree 100% we need to improve the defense tremendously, and fortunately we made the right hire to do so!

If we get a good TE/FB/UB-type JUCO signed, I'll bet he moves back. Although, Canales likes him, and the offense did well while he was in there, so...I bet Coach Chico fights for him.

What I like is the fact that he has the speed to play on offense, but could go back to defense. TCU and Oklahoma have each turned running backs into linebackers who have been very successful for them. I like that Prior appears to be that kind of talent...

...we'll need those speedy linebacker type for when McCarney gets us into the Big 12 :D

Hey...don't laugh...old Big 8/12 dog Donnie Duncan was in the room at McCarney's intro presser. Neinas has deep Big 12 ties as well. Maybe the three of them end all of our Sun Belt/CUSA/WAC/MWC discussions and we move right to the front of the line within the next decade!

If we get a good TE/FB/UB-type JUCO signed, I'll bet he moves back. Although, Canales likes him, and the offense did well while he was in there, so...I bet Coach Chico fights for him.

What I like is the fact that he has the speed to play on offense, but could go back to defense. TCU and Oklahoma have each turned running backs into linebackers who have been very successful for them. I like that Prior appears to be that kind of talent...

...we'll need those speedy linebacker type for when McCarney gets us into the Big 12 :D

Hey...don't laugh...old Big 8/12 dog Donnie Duncan was in the room at McCarney's intro presser. Neinas has deep Big 12 ties as well. Maybe the three of them end all of our Sun Belt/CUSA/WAC/MWC discussions and we move right to the front of the line within the next decade!

I like the way you think sir! Go big or Go Home. 3rd Largest tuition in the state, a football hotbed, No other Big XII school in the metroplex, Vastly improved basketball program that has consistently proven it can play with the Big XII, even win. We're a much more attractive option than say a Tulsa or SMU, imho.

The linebacker coaches at TCU and Oklahoma could turn Diet Coke boys into top linebackers.

I tend to agree with you on the Big 12 pipe dream. It will likely depend on Coach Mac's success and how soon it happens. Being a large school with lots of alumni in a very large media market and only a few miles up the road from the league office can't hurt. On the other hand if we fail in this bill my grandson won't see it happen.