The Green Brigade

KingDL1

That's nice they were there but anytime the band is representing the university, they should be in uniform.

True enough, but this was apparently a late addition; I checked online and it doesn't appear on their schedule for the semester. Therefore, the unis were probably already at the cleaner's. If they're reissued, which is a big logistical operation, they have to be cleaned again -- very expensive, I'm sure. Their summer shorts unis are not appropriate for December on ice.

According to the NTDaily,

Green Brigade takes skills to the ice

they were the only college band invited to play at a Stars game this year and were only able to do it because the Stars kicked in the travel costs. They had a total of 75 seconds to get onto the ice and get set to play; 90 seconds to play; and 75 seconds to get off the ice or the Stars faced a possible $10,000 league fine for delaying the game. Therefore, the Stars lady said the performance "has to be cut and perfect." Which I'm sure it was.

Even for such a brief performance and in civvies, I'd rather offer thanks for an extraordinary effort to promote the gem we have here before an appreciate and pleasantly surprised crowd of potential new fans.

True enough, but this was apparently a late addition; I checked online and it doesn't appear on their schedule for the semester. Therefore, the unis were probably already at the cleaner's. If they're reissued, which is a big logistical operation, they have to be cleaned again -- very expensive, I'm sure. Their summer shorts unis are not appropriate for December on ice.

According to the NTDaily,

Green Brigade takes skills to the ice

they were the only college band invited to play at a Stars game this year and were only able to do it because the Stars kicked in the travel costs. They had a total of 75 seconds to get onto the ice and get set to play; 90 seconds to play; and 75 seconds to get off the ice or the Stars faced a possible $10,000 league fine for delaying the game. Therefore, the Stars lady said the performance "has to be cut and perfect." Which I'm sure it was.

Even for such a brief performance and in civvies, I'd rather offer thanks for an extraordinary effort to promote the gem we have here before an appreciate and pleasantly surprised crowd of potential new fans.

I'd agree with you if that was the case, but we just finished the season last week and I'm sure the decision to participate in the Stars game was made long before then. Also, I have some GB members as Facebook friends and one of them just posted that he was turning in his uniform for the last time today. Our band looked pretty rag-tag in that photo.