In Praise Of Our Young O Line Coach Jeff Bryant

SUMG

This isn't me advocating for him to be kept around. I leave those decisions to Coach Mc. I just wanted to praise the kid for doing a pretty good job this season. Our pass blocking got much better as the year went on. And our run blocking was phenomenal.

Jeff's only 25....26? Anyway, no matter where he lands....I think he has a bright future. Being thrown to the wolves as he was....he did pretty darn well, IMHO.

Kudos Coach Bryant.

• Upvote 2

This isn't me advocating for him to be kept around. I leave those decisions to Coach Mc. I just wanted to praise the kid for doing a pretty good job this season. Our pass blocking got much better as the year went on. And our run blocking was phenomenal.

Jeff's only 25....26? Anyway, no matter where he lands....I think he has a bright future. Being thrown to the wolves as he was....he did pretty darn well, IMHO.

Kudos Coach Bryant.

I'm sure he'll land on his feet but he wouldn't have been any better off staying at Fort Hays St (Div II school in KS). They fired their head coach so he'd been looking for work even if he didn't come to UNT. At least now he has a year of being a Div 1 assistant under his belt.

I'm amazed how well we did given the late change.

But didn't we have THREE quarterbacks carted off the field on stretchers this year?

I may be wrong but 2 of the injuries were just friekish. Tune smashed in the pocket,was possibly as much of a coverage sack as a DL jailbreak sack, Thompson was escaping the pocket and on the run (I believe), Dodge also on a running play. Except for Tune, I personally cant attribute the other injuries to sloppy line play. BUT even if I could attribute these injuries to lazy/ inept line play.....although critical injuries, it was very few compared to apprx 1000+ plays. But I'm willing to stand corrected ! To have a losing season and still have a back run for 1550 yds is remarkable.

I may be wrong but 2 of the injuries were just friekish. Tune smashed in the pocket,was possibly as much of a coverage sack as a DL jailbreak sack, Thompson was escaping the pocket and on the run (I believe), Dodge also on a running play. Except for Tune, I personally cant attribute the other injuries to sloppy line play. BUT even if I could attribute these injuries to lazy/ inept line play.....although critical injuries, it was very few compared to apprx 1000+ plays. But I'm willing to stand corrected ! To have a losing season and still have a back run for 1550 yds is remarkable.

If I recall, he got rid of the ball on that play and was not sacked. If I am remembering, it was a really gutsy play by Tune.

Kudos Coach Bryant.

He was certainly given credit by Canales after the WKU game, as well as a game ball. Given the circumstances, I think he did very well. Hopefully we won't have a situation like we did right before fall camp with a key assistant leaving for a better position. And it's hard to blame Leftwich for leaving, given the way things have played out.