Drc Mccarney Coverage

Brett Vito

UNT has commitments from four Texas high school players recruited by the previous coaching staff. McCarney said he will honor those scholarships.

“I will sit down and talk to Rick,” McCarney said. “There has to be institutional involvement there, but rather than saying that we want someone bigger or faster, if they committed and showed loyalty to us, we will show loyalty to them.”

This is great to know. Thank you Brett.

Rick

At first, I was a little disappointed that Coach Nelson had been retained. He had been a good coach but didn't seem motivated here. He was playing players out of their best position, not intensive in coaching, etc. We were already weak/not deep at tackle and we played our two seniors what seemed like 99% of the time.

I'm sure that Coach Mac knows what he's capable of and will demand all-out effort if we're to right the ship.