Uta Game Recap

sparkmank

Another big win, loved the start a shaky ending but overall a B+... shot the ball so nice tonight! love how we can hit from the premiter but also have bigs inside that can score... obviously there was a 2nd half let down but they way we controlled the game for 35 minutes was beautiful... first time all year we started a game like we did tonight, jumped out early and hit everything.. 2nd, most teams shut down after blowing a 20 point lead and i loved how we responded (which has been the theme this season) yeah we did give up a big lead but as a whole much more pleased with this outcome than the rice and tx st games...

ps. wanna commend shannon for a huge 3 ball late, took guts and he stepped up and drilled it... also tristan from the free throw line (and for that matter as a team we did great) perimeter d has to step up along with the zone offense but in the end another W and thats all that matters!!! great job guys GMG!!!!!!

Another big win, loved the start a shaky ending but overall a B+... shot the ball so nice tonight! love how we can hit from the premiter but also have bigs inside that can score... obviously there was a 2nd half let down but they way we controlled the game for 35 minutes was beautiful... first time all year we started a game like we did tonight, jumped out early and hit everything.. 2nd, most teams shut down after blowing a 20 point lead and i loved how we responded (which has been the theme this season) yeah we did give up a big lead but as a whole much more pleased with this outcome than the rice and tx st games...

ps. wanna commend shannon for a huge 3 ball late, took guts and he stepped up and drilled it... also tristan from the free throw line (and for that matter as a team we did great) perimeter d has to step up along with the zone offense but in the end another W and thats all that matters!!! great job guys GMG!!!!!!

Not that big.... they were a terrible team. A street ball team that jacked the three and never took it to the paint! We were up by 24 and should have pushed it further. With starters playing 35 minutes of the game we are in some terrible trouble ahead if we dont play Holmon and Edwards more off the bench. We played tired the second half and let a bunch of terrible ball players shoot and run all over us

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Not that big.... they were a terrible team. A street ball team that jacked the three and never took it to the paint! We were up by 24 and should have pushed it further. With starters playing 35 minutes of the game we are in some terrible trouble ahead if we dont play Holmon and Edwards more off the bench. We played tired the second half and let a bunch of terrible ball players shoot and run all over us

We were never up 24.

definately not a horrible team we played tonight... thats absurd, they are solid and not street ball they shot the ball well from 3 give them credit where credit is due... yes i so agree on the depth issue, we get spencer back soon and that will help but as long as we keep winning in fine... ya we blew the lead but i still saw heart and fight out of those tired guys you were talking about... a win is a win is a win... although it didnt end the way i wanted to, we still got the win and there were still many bright spots

Guys, a win is a win but there is no way that a young UTA team should hang with NT. NT defense was poor for most of the game, in the first half they got by with incredible shooting and awful shooting but often wide open chances taken by UTA. Playing primarily 6 players is going to take its toll, although I thought JJ did a good job with those six. Knox and Holmen got very little time and Edwards just cannot seem to handle the ball. Thompson had another great performance playing one of his best all around games. Odufuwa and Hogans were good, and Shorter tried but he just is not a front court player. White and Johnson were effective but got taken advantage of defensively. With Hogans and Odufuwa in foul trouble, UTA had an open lane to the basket. They were hitting their threes the second half and thankfully didn't concentrate on drives to the basket.

Again a win is a win, but it is disconcerting to have UTA come to Denton with a much deeper team. NT second half collapse was no doubt aided by fatigue, but this team is going to apparently learn to play very short handed.

Live by the 3, die by the 3, on both sides..... until Tristan started absolutely giving up his body taking it to the rim. Good things happened just about every time he did that, which was a lot from the 9m mark on.

A big chunk of the UTA run went on with Josh on the bench. Not all of it, but a considerable part. Josh comes back in, and the whole feel of the thing changes.

That, and I stared at McCarney a lot.

Live by the 3, die by the 3, on both sides..... until Tristan started absolutely giving up his body taking it to the rim. Good things happened just about every time he did that, which was a lot from the 9m mark on.

A big chunk of the UTA run went on with Josh on the bench. Not all of it, but a considerable part. Josh comes back in, and the whole feel of the thing changes.

That, and I stared at McCarney a lot.

He is beautiful. 'Specially with that Florida tan.