Ncaa Record Books

stebo

Did you know that Casey Fitz led the nation in receptions in 2008 (p.35)? I had no idea he was the national champ that year. Probably because we were losing. Did you know that Danny Meager is in the record books for his performance against SMU for top completions for a game AND most yards per game (pp. 33-34)? I don't even have to tell you how many times Jamario is in the record books. 2004 was a magical year for him... holds records in numerous categories and is ranked in even more. He is still the only running back in NCAA history to post 6 consecutive 200 yard games. Pretty amazing stuff - and you will see a lot more if you are as bored as I was tonight :)

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/DI/2010/2010FBS.pdf

Click on "Annual Champions, All Time Leaders" on the left hand side and scroll down until you get to the stats (about page 25). There are also some great NT players from the 60's in there... John Love and Barry Moore both hold records for career receptions per game (p.35). This sounds boring - but pull up the link and check out our history. I think that you will be impressed.

I just found another Casey also led the nation is per game catches - 2008 (p.37)... And Ray Toole led the nation in interceptions in 1957. Oh and Brock McGrew led the nation in kickoff returns in 1998 (p.48). Seriously, it is really amazing how many times we are listed in these record books. Even Gio Vizza is in there with a 99 yard play to Casey Fitz in 2007 :) (p.54)...

Longest Field Goals

62 Khoury, North Texas 1977

61 Garret Courtney, North Texas 1998

Edited by stebo
  • Downvote 2