Coach C's Latest Tweet

El Paso Eagle

That would be a very smart move on McCarney's part. Hope McCarney is informed of the impact Coach C made in such a short period of time. I dont have access to DM but someone that does would be wise to make this point.

Whether he chooses to keep Coach C or not is McCarney's choice, but if he doesn't know what Coach C did, then it already indicates a bad hiring.

I would like to see him stay as OC/Asst. HC

I too would've liked to see Canales as our next HC. But does anyone else not see it being a problem to keep him around the program? He was obviously well liked by the players, many who went the social media route to express their anger towards the decision. I could totally see McCarney having a tough time establishing his voice in the room with Canales staying here. We don't need that. We need to follow McCarney and we need the players following him.

• Upvote 4

I too would've liked to see Canales as our next HC. But does anyone else not see it being a problem to keep him around the program? He was obviously well liked by the players, many who went the social media route to express their anger towards the decision. I could totally see McCarney having a tough time establishing his voice in the room with Canales staying here. We don't need that. We need to follow McCarney and we need the players following him.

This was pointed out to me during the post game interview on Saturday and I do find it a little weird to say the least. I could see some conflict of interest if he stayed and regardless he has made it very clear that he wants his next job to be a head coaching gig.

It would be a shame if Coach Mac did not offer Coach C the Asst. HFC/OC job and even worse if offered, Coach C turned it down. We can all be winners in all this if coooler heads and common sense prevails.

In fact, 2 or 3 years of a winning MG football and Coach C gets a better HFC offer than, well, I hate to say it since its our alma mater but.......we have been known to be a coach's graveyard of late. We all hope Coach Mac turns that graveyard part around, too, and my 6'th sense is going wild with excitement about that happening as well as all the other possibilities for.............The University of North Texas.

GMG!

UNTcrazy727 thinks it would be better for coach Canales to find work else where. Though UNTcrazy727 wanted Canales to be head coach a different decision was made so North Texas must follow through with that decision. Keeping Canales on board would make it difficult for DMAC to make his impression on this team. I dont think Canales would do anything wrong, but the players might block out DMAC and just listen to Canales.

A successful ship cannot have two captains!