New Coach Is..............

Mo Green

Two big JUCO DLs, and two big JUCO OLs, and one or two JUCO QBs. Remember, Seneca Wallace was a JUCO QB get for McCarney back in 2001...and out of California, no less!

Two or three high school DLs and OLs...and one or two JUCO QBs.

I also like that McCarney gave a kid from Granbury a shot back in the day: http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=325050

Would love to see a JUCO CB and 2 TE's and a legit run blocking FB added to your list...

And a pony! rolleyes.gif

McCarney only has so much time and effort to spend, you can't expect him to land a whole new team right away.

McCarney will go a long way towards soothing a lot of people if he can land some linemen on both sides of the ball. Good linemen make everyone behind them better, that is where he should start.

Two big JUCO DLs, and two big JUCO OLs, and one or two JUCO QBs. Remember, Seneca Wallace was a JUCO QB get for McCarney back in 2001...and out of California, no less!

I also like that McCarney gave a kid from Granbury a shot back in the day: http://www.cyclones....0&ATCLID=325050

+ a good CB or two

The sad thing is that OL and DL are going to be pretty hard to fill on the JUCO front. Rivals has all of 15 OL better than a 1* from the JUCO ranks right now and 128 total. Same types of numbers on the DL front.

Would love to find some JUCO big uglies but it might be a lot harder this late in the year.

He needs to do everything he can, there have to be some soft commits out there, there are also probably some freshmen out there who could step in and contribute out there.

It's not an accident we had all our success when Booger, Darrel Daniels, Mike Pruitt, Brewster, Zuniga etc were our linemen.

Guest MeanGreenHomer

I also like that McCarney gave a kid from Granbury a shot back in the day: http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=325050

Easy on the JUCO QB's. I think Riley has earned the right to compete for the job, and Thompson will be back and Teegarden has a lot of potential.

Easy on the JUCO QB's. I think Riley has earned the right to compete for the job, and Thompson will be back and Teegarden has a lot of potential.

You're ignorant to think that we don't need help at the QB position. We only have Dunbar for one more season. I have to say I was looking forward to getting a Chico recruited QB, but with McCarneys track record with assistants, I think we can bank on having a bona fide QB recruit in here.

need D-Lineman...need Linebackers...need Secondary help all across the board...need another RB...need more O-Linemen...need some more playmakers at WR.

Not to mention that Tune may get his redshirt yet.

QB recruits should be high priority each and every year. It's about depth, and we have none.

Riley will be back in the slot next year. He does not have the arm to play college QB. There was absolutely no deep threat after Riley took back over the job. I love the kid and the guts he has shown, but the best position for him on this team is in the slot.

Tune is not promised a redshirt, and if history is any indicator, he won't be given one (UNT history on 6th year requests is god awful).

That leaves Thompson as your only QB on scholarship, and he is returning from an injury. That is unacceptable. To me, this is THE most important position to address in recruiting.

Teagarden was recruited as a receiver. Putting back at QB is not desirable.

Edited by UNT90

Speaking of Tune...how many of our season ending injury players of this past season can we expect a med RS? I know the NCAA is pretty stingy with schools like us to give em' out but I wonder who might still get the med RS at UNT? And now long till we know?

GMG!

Would be interesting to see Tune back. He would have played under 4 different UNT head coaches at that point.

It is my understanding that Tune is not looking for a redshirt.

That's too bad, I am pretty sure that based on Seniority Rules Coach MacCarney would have to name him QB coach at least, maybe co-offensive coordinator.

Think about it, if he gets a 6th year, that means his freshmen team mates would have been in 6th or 7th grade when he first came here. huh.gif