Mccarney Officially Accepts

stebo

Weird - this guy's Wiki page is already updated. It has his overall record at ISU. It took him 6 years to turn that program around. Luckily we have all the pieces in place to win right now (in my opinion) as long as the kids can buy into this hire. Also - his Wiki page already lists NT as his current employer and had a link to this article:

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/11/28/florida-assistant-dan-mccarney-accepts-north-texas-job/

I had not read this one yet... enjoy and I apologize if this has already been posted. If you want to check out his Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_McCarney

Iowa State was his first and only HC gig. That might be a good thing for us because I am sure there are things he sees different now and has improved in areas that might have been a weakness at ISU. I am starting to come around on DM. Of course I still would have preferred Leavitt and Fran but I am on board with DM.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Under McCarney, Iowa State earned the only top 10 ranking in school history (No. 9 in 2002) and won nine games in 2000 – the program's most since 1906. Before McCarney arrived, the Cyclones had gone to only two bowl games, but Iowa State made five bowls in his final seven seasons before he was fired after the 2006 season".

No wonder he still has many Iowa State fans.

The same could be said about ANY UNT bowl appearance. What is your point?

My point is that the only reason UNT went to our four bowls was because there were "40 bowls" available. You cannot diminish his accomplishments because there were more bowls without diminishing our accomplishments.

My point is that the only reason UNT went to our four bowls was because there were "40 bowls" available. You cannot diminish his accomplishments because there were more bowls without diminishing our accomplishments.

UNT won their Conference 4 straight years and got the automatic bowl bid, ISU never won their conference and had one great year with Sage Rosenfels and then the other 3 years were 7 win seasons, which as a BCS school gets them into a bowl game.