Mccarney And Staff

thecoachingtree

Agree. Job #1 for McCarney should be to make sure Lance Dunbar is tearing up the field for the Mean Green next year.

The players are closer to the situation, and they will just miss Canales. Once time has passed, they will get a chance to meet the new coach and build a bond. I think they just need some time to get through their anger. They will then see how exciting this new year will be in the new stadium. I am already stoked.

GMG

Micah Mosley: Funny how RV has been in the locker room after every game since I've been here including away but when we are ready to make a statement he's no where to be found.

Statement by Mosley on Facebook

Lance Dunbar: Left if all out there.if coach c don't get dis job im gone!!

Statement by Lance on Facebook

Kc Obi: Real talk f@#$ Rick v and everybody who made this coaching decision!! Knowing when everybody at the university wanted coach C

Statement by KC on Facebook

Conor Gilmartin-Donohue Another Royal Fuck Up by UNT

Statement by Conor on Facebook

I can understand why the offensive players would be upset or against McCarney but Obi should be happy to play for a coach that has put L-linemen in the NFL.

Several 4 star players both at Florida and South Florida certainly knew his name.

I'm pretty sure they knew the Florida Gators.

I sure hope McCarney can recruit here, but just because he had success recruiting to AQ school doesn't mean he can recruit at NT.

Remember how Todd Dodge was going to out recruit everyone in the state?

McCarney is not a prize. He is a coach who is 30 games under .500, nearly 60-years-old and at the end of his coaching career. Terrible choice. I wonder if there is a high school kid in the country who recognizes his name, let alone in Texas.

Hey MGHomer, for sure don't remind Joe Paterno how old he is, you might make him stroke out. :blink:

Seriously, I was a bit taken back when I found out my own preference of Coach Fran was already 59 years old; but that in today's world is still considered young although when I was 21 or so age 59 mean't older than God to me.

Trust me, Baby Boomers are going to be doing things in the work world much longer than our retired parents did. Some by choice and some because they have to.

I like Coach Mac because his W/L at Iowa State was almost identical to Coach Fry's at SMU in 11 years on the Hilltop and as a result of that, Coach Fry came to Denton hungrier than a wolf and we were the winner of that mindset by Hayden.

I predict Coach McCarney will be equally hungry and we will all benefit from his tenure here, too, and if Coach Mac retains Coach Chico (which I hope he still does) Coach C will eventually be a beneficiary of all this, too, with more opportunities and choices. I hope Coach Chico made friends fast with Chuck Neinas as that would have been the best marketing he could have done for himself with that connection.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Same thing they were saying about Dodge, No? Everyone loves a good players coach. Dodge and Canales are gone and now we move on. Go Mean Green.

+1

These kids will learn to play for their university, current students, and alumni and not just themselves and their coach.

I hope Canales will still hang around as it will only help the Mean Green.

Edited by Daddy Dumpsalot

McCarney is a players coach. Your guys are going to like him and play hard. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

By the way, Dunbar would be flat out crazy to leave. Mac had Troy Davis his first two years and Davis ran for over 2,000 yards each season. Mac is NOT afraid to give a tailback the carries. Dunbar will have a freakin' field day.

What were Iowa State's records those two seasons?

Here are the percentages ranked high to low based of the total number (Texas/All) listed on the respective athletic department 2010 roster:

94% - Texas

88% - Texas A&M

88% - Baylor

81% - Texas Tech

52% - Oklahoma State

47% - Oklahoma

34% - Kansas

25% - Missouri

16% - Iowa State

16% - Nebraska

11% - Kansas State

5% - Colorado

The fact is Texas is rich in football talent. No one disputes that fact. Most of the top 25 programs have numerous players from Texas on their roster, many of them starting. The question is not if McCarney can recruit Texas, it's if McCarney can recruit athletes from Texas, or any other state, to North Texas - two totally different things.

If canales really loves UNT that much...HC job or not, he would talke with the team and Dunbar and encourage them not to make snap judgements....that things are bright for UNT and they should try out the new coach and new stadium....they may just Love this guy...coach Mac....and if the love UNT (and how couldn't you) they will not betray their fans and fellow students who admire and appreciate them so much....now Mike Canales...go be a man about it all...like you have been since you started here...we all admire you sooooo much.

I actually agree with this very much. This would be a very classy last move. If he were to drive a steak in the team as he leaves, that would be sh*tty to say the least.