Assistants To Keep An Eye Out For

Harry

Ash's familiarity with both Doeren and Partridge, as well as his knowledge of Midwest recruiting, certainly helped his cause for the job. One potential red flag: Iowa State ranked 102nd nationally against the pass in 2009.

However, this year Wisconsin is 26th in pass defense this year so he's got something?

By the way, just looking at the NCAA stats and had to take a double look that North Texas through 12 games finished ranked 50th in pass defense and 5 best in the Belt? How in hell can that be?

Crazy!

Rick

However, this year Wisconsin is 26th in pass defense this year so he's got something?

By the way, just looking at the NCAA stats and had to take a double look that North Texas through 12 games finished ranked 50th in pass defense and 5 best in the Belt? How in hell can that be?

Crazy!

Rick

Uh.. check our run defense stats and I think you'll understand.

A couple of other names to keep an eye if/when Dan Mac takes the job

Jay Norvell, OU Assistant OC/ WR coach, possibly as OC

Mac recruited him to Iowa and he followed him as assistant to both Wisconsin & Iowa State. He's also been the OC at Nebraska & UCLA

Steve Loney, St. Louis Rams OL coach. Was Mac's OC/OL coach at ISU when they won their first bowl game

DeMontie Cross, Buffalo Bills LB coach

Tony Alford, Notre Dame RB coach (I don't see him leaving Notre Dame, but hey, you never know)

I agree with what all the ISU fans have been saying about Chris Ash. He's seen as an up-and-comer and he is also a very good recruiter

Crazy!

Rick

I like Ash in that he drills into his players to pick the pass. How many passes (realistically) did we see last night go through the hands of our defensive players? I counted 4 that should and could have been caught. The pass coverage was there last night.....just not the ability to take those errant throws and turn them into turnovers which could have won that game. Coach Bill knew this.