Vito Reports That Mccarney Offered North Texas Job

Eagle-96

How am I being rude? I politely asked them to take mccarney. I said please.

That's the equivalent of "with all due respect" followed by an insult. Just because you are polite doesn't give the right to say whatever you want. I personally wanted Fran, but then again I wanted Dodge too so I obviously do not know what I am talking about. That poster had a valuable, unbiased perspective.

Greeting Green People!

A cyclone fan here who just wanted to congratulate you on the DMac hire. You guys got a good one in DMac. The guy is a Hayden Fry disciple and resurrected ISU football. Before Fry came to Iowa, ISU was the top dog in the state with Johnny Majors and Earl Bruce. Once Woody Hayes punched that Clemson kid, ISU lost Bruce and we went through 20 years of losing. When DMac came to ISU he had nothing. Absolutely nothing. Our current Coach Paul Rhoads (CPR) was on DMac's original staff and he has said that there was 1 Big 12 caliber player on the roster. Comparing that to where the program is now is unbelievable.

DMac was loved at ISU, but was ultimately fired because of 2 missed field goals that cost ISU the Big 12 North. 2004 Mizzou and 2005 Kansas are the 2 worst days in ISU history, but they would've never happened without DMac.

Iowa State is the hardest program to win at in the country. Period. We have little local talent and what talent there is goes to Iowa (Stupid Fry). DMac turned ISU around with a ton of passion and hard work. CPR is a DMac guy and it shows. The guy is nothing but passion and works his butt off. DMac will pore his heart and soul into the Mean Green program and with the new stadium and local talent, you guys will be winning in no time.

Good luck and you guys got a good one in DMac. Go Cyclones!

Thanks for the report. NT also would gladly accept I-State's spot in the Big12 if you want to give it up too. :)

• Downvote 1

Thanks for stopping by Cy. You guys feel free to take him back. Please!

LOL. Under Chizik, we would have taken DMac back in a heart beat. You guys have no idea how big of a disaster he was at ISU. He is a snake and the cheating at Auburn is not a surprise to ISU fans. Chizik is easily the most hated person among ISU fans (Besides the Hawks).

With CPR now at ISU, there is not a single person who would trade for DMac. CPR is a god in Iowa right now. Beating Nebraska last year, Texas and Texas Tech this year, and winning a bowl game is insane for ISU. Plus, CPR is a free-wheeling riverboat gambler (see Nebraska game) and to be successful at ISU you need to be a little crazy like that. And not being aggressive enough bit DMac more than once at ISU.

Edited by CyForPresident

LOL. Under Chizik, we would have taken DMac back in a heart beat. You guys have no idea how big of a disaster he was at ISU. He is a snake and the cheating at Auburn is not a surprise to ISU fans. Chizik is easily the most hated person among ISU fans (Besides the Hawks).

With CPR now at ISU, there is not a single person who would trade for DMac. CPR is a god in Iowa right now. Beating Nebraska last year, Texas and Texas Tech this year, and winning a bowl game is insane for ISU. Plus, CPR is free-wheeling riverboat gambler (see Nebraska game) and to be successful at ISU you need to be a little crazy. And not being aggressive enough bit DMac more than once at ISU.

I'm a Longhorn fan #1, UNT fan #2, but I do remember Chizik when he was defensive coordinator at Texas for a while before heading to ISU. I agree that he does seem like a snake. He seemed arrogant and prideful.

• Downvote 4