Leach

Cr1028

Every Metroplex UNT fan that I talk to.....say they've heard the same thing: TTech friends have told them that if we hire Leach......they'd come to our games. It would be a boon.

exactly , which is why I think we can afford him. Put Leach on the sidelines and we come close to if not sell out every game he is here.

Hire someone like McCarney , whom the average fan does not know , then our brand new stadium will be empty if we start out with a few L's .

• Upvote 2

Exactly, "Even a school as minor as North Texas wouldn't hire him" helps his case.

What case are you talking about Leach has Tech dead to rights for wrongful termination, and he has the emails to prove the conspiracy to fire him and damage his character. He doesn't have to do any Willy nilly crap. He has Tech by the balls, and I have watched the legislature and several were behind Leach. I also know there has been a huge Donor revolt in Lubbock against the AD and the president. Several are withholding their donations until the current AD is fired. One of the brokers I work with is a Tech Alumni and is Dad is on the senior board of some big Alumni fund raising group. They are all pro Leach as most Tech fans are. Only a small group of the Tech elite did not like Leach changing the pecking order. But by far and wide the vast majority liked Leach he put them on the map. Several are ticked off how this season is going.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So no it is silly to think that a Leach hiring would have any impact to our funding at a State level in a negative way.

I do not know if it would or wouldn't have a negative impact, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it is not "silly to think". A single dedicated enemy in the Texas legislature can undermine legislation for the most inane reason or just a perceived petty slight. Not to mention that the Gov can do the same (why do you think he forced a change in our athletic fee legislation?).

I do not know if it would or wouldn't have a negative impact, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it is not "silly to think". A single dedicated enemy in the Texas legislature can undermine legislation for the most inane reason or just a perceived petty slight. Not to mention that the Gov can do the same (why do you think he forced a change in our athletic fee legislation?).

Kinda like the law school and the Athletic fee (now a stadium fee)?

Austin always takes a big ole steamer right on the top of UNT's head.

Maybe it's time we do it to them for a change.

I do not understand why comments about Leach and UNT keep appearing on this board. Leach is not going to be the next head coach of the Mean Green. To those who are big Leach supporters, I am sorry, but it is not going to happen. It's probably time to move along on this one. Yes, some Tech fans disgruntled with the Leach firing claim they would come to the games. I am fine with that, but UNT needs to build UNT fans, not Tech fans who will return to Tech as soon as the wins come...seems to me that Tech is bowl eligible this season already.

It is just not realistic to think that Leach would be the next HC of the Mean Green. You know, UNT could hire Bob Stoops and he'd probably sell some tickets too and UNT would be the talk of the nation, but that's not going to happen either. Even though some may want Stoops to be run out of Norman after the Cowboys beat them this evening in Stillwater! Just sayin....OK, just hoping.....

• Downvote 1

I do not understand why comments about Leach and UNT keep appearing on this board. Leach is not going to be the next head coach of the Mean Green. To those who are big Leach supporters, I am sorry, but it is not going to happen. It's probably time to move along on this one. Yes, some Tech fans disgruntled with the Leach firing claim they would come to the games. I am fine with that, but UNT needs to build UNT fans, not Tech fans who will return to Tech as soon as the wins come...seems to me that Tech is bowl eligible this season already.

It is just not realistic to think that Leach would be the next HC of the Mean Green. You know, UNT could hire Bob Stoops and he'd probably sell some tickets too and UNT would be the talk of the nation, but that's not going to happen either. Even though some may want Stoops to be run out of Norman after the Cowboys beat them this evening in Stillwater! Just sayin....OK, just hoping.....

Thanks for adding to the conversation, I am glad you can limit what we can do at UNT. I am not sure you realize the potential at North Texas we are becoming a very big school and it is time we acted like it. Yes we could hire a Leach if we wanted to, it is all about the want and the commitment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for adding to the conversation, I am glad you can limit what we can do at UNT. I am not sure you realize the potential at North Texas we are becoming a very big school and it is time we acted like it. Yes we could hire a Leach if we wanted to, it is all about the want and the commitment.

And, just how am I limiting anything? The fact is Leach is not going to be the HC. Neither is Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer. Did not anywhere indicate that we "could not " hire Mike Leach, I said simply that UNT was NOT going to hire Leach. It's unrealistic to keep talking about Leach as the next HC. Sorry they aren't going to hire "your guy", they probably won't hire mine either, but that, in no way limits what UNT can and will do.

Don't get your panties in a wad and go off after misunderstanding my post. It's OK if you want Leach, it just isn't going to happen. That's all.

• Downvote 2