Leach

Cr1028

I don't see how his interest in Minnesota (a Big 10(11)-Plus-2 school) is any indication that he would accept a job here

I don't think you assume anything and just ask him.

Cr1028 I enjoyed reading this article and I could just imagine the high caliber recruits and the money that would flood our university. Selling the stadium would be a cinch. I think we could find a way to fund him, the bigger question would our Athletic Department put the school above themselves and deal with Leach's Ego, I doubt Leach would call RV, "Coach RV" or maybe he would.

GET LEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I don't see how his interest in Minnesota (a Big 10(11)-Plus-2 school) is any indication that he would accept a job here

If you rread the whole article, he indicates that wanting to win and having teamwork in the administration is very important to him. I think he would be perfect here and I hope we at least gauged his interest. Minnesota won't hire him. They don't have to take that risk. We need to take that risk, which is why I think he is such a perfect fit.

Leach would only get us the conference title within the first 2 years , sell out all the remaining club seats , gain local interest from the community... I don't see why UNT would ever even consider him. I mean we always f it up

If I'm not mistaken Leach is not a "greet and meet" person. I have heard that was one of the issue at Tech because he did not like to mingle with the doners.

If I'm not mistaken Leach is not a "greet and meet" person. I have heard that was one of the issue at Tech because he did not like to mingle with the doners.

Not very important when his names excites so many. At Tech Leach never had a losing season and I believe he went to a bowl game every year he was at Tech. And Tech was worried about him glad handing, I guess when you get used to winning you can take winning for granted.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This won't be popular, but let's not forget Leach is hated by powerful folks in the Texas legislature.

North Texas has always been a bit of a Red headed step child, this could be the perfect fit for everyone concerned.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The BIG Ten +2 is worlds apart from the Sun Belt or even CUSA.

UNT is not the right situation. UNT can't afford him. Taking a job right away would undercut Leach's lawsuits.

What's in it for him? No real TV exposure, no big Bowls.

A job a UNT may reinforce his lawsuits. I don't think we can afford not to hire him. He would bring exposure. With wins would come plenty of TV exposure. Bigs Bowls would come. UNT is the perfect situation. And we are still in Texas, better than Lubbock and the weather is warmer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Funding cuts which would almost certainly be covered by the increased revenue from donors, ticket sales, merchandise sales, etc. Agree?

First, those go to the athletic department, not to academics. Secondly, we are talking about in the best case millions in increased funding from winning and we are talking a cut of tens of millions in funding from the state.

A job a UNT may reinforce his lawsuits. I don't think we can afford not to hire him. He would bring exposure. With wins would come plenty of TV exposure. Bigs Bowls would come. UNT is the perfect situation. And we are still in Texas, better than Lubbock and the weather is warmer.

A job at any college HURTS his case that Tech's actions lowered his value as a coach. If a Texas State university hires him, he has suffered no harm at all to being about to fine a job. Yes, wins will bring exposure and that brings the chance of bigger bowls. But Dodge increased exposure dramatically over DD.

I was in San Antonio the past few days. KENS did a story on how TXST is trying to hire Leach. THe story was about how perfect he was for TXSST. As they went to commercial, the entire on camera cast laughed.

First, those go to the athletic department, not to academics. Secondly, we are talking about in the best case millions in increased funding from winning and we are talking a cut of tens of millions in funding from the state.

That is a bit over the top, several in the state legislature love Leach. We are only talking about the ones that are Tech Alumni, which they seemed severely divided over the whole issue. So no it is silly to think that a Leach hiring would have any impact to our funding at a State level in a negative way.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Would feathers in legislature be ruffled? Sure. Would they cut tens of millions in ACADEMIC funding because of personal feelings related to ATHLETICS? No way that would happen. Could they make some minuscule decisions out if spite? Sure, but tenS of millions? That's a little overboard.

That is a bit over the top, several in the state legislature love Leach. We are only talking about the ones that are Tech Alumni, which they seemed severely divided over the whole issue. So no it is silly to think that a Leach hiring would have any impact to our funding at a State level in a negative way.

Yes, I probably overstated the case against Leach. But you haven't been reading the newspapers if you think only Texas Tech alumni are opposed to Leach. Don't want to take the time to research al the public pronouncements, but it is between 15 and 25 members of the state house who have stated their hate for the man. Any one can block spending on a specific project if they are either mad enough or have voters will will to push it hard enough. That number could kill any hope of NT becoming a Tier 1 University and I'm sure the Board of Regents is aware of that. If they aren't, I"m sure some of the same legislators could pick up the phone and make them aware. Leach is extremely popular with "the people" as opposed to "the people with power."

A job at any college HURTS his case that Tech's actions lowered his value as a coach. If a Texas State university hires him, he has suffered no harm at all to being about to fine a job.

Wait....losing a job that paid millions and taking a job that pays 1/4 of what he was making HURTS his case?

"Big programs won't touch him"

- Leach's Lawyers

Just a guess here, but the Gopher's not pursuing Leach or Leach not having interest may have more to do with his offensive system than him personally. Rodriguez has not had the success at Michigan that a lot of people thought he would with his hybrid spread, and maybe Minn took that into consideration. I know Rodriguez has had a lot of other problems to, but just talking about his system in this case. In the Big Ten, with the weather and all, you have to have a running game.