I've Got Tired Head Now

emmitt01

1)We spent months arguing about how we need a "splash" hire for our next head coach. You know, because we sit at an unprecedented crossroads with the chance to open a brand spankin new stadium with a brand spankin new coach. We said we needed to bring in a guy who will sell tickets and luxury boxes as well as garner local and national media attention. It was go big or go home!!! No Mike Canales because his name just doesn't "pop"! Soooooo we spent $40,000 to ensure a grandiose return on investment and came up with....DAN MCCARNEY????

2)We (well, actually just one of us) included a diatribe inside of each epistle about how the Sun Belt is horrible and how we will never get multiple bowl teams out of this league. Apparently rivals.com didn't get the memo. They're saying that we'll end up with three (3) bowl eligible teams and that all three (3) will probably go to bowls THIS YEAR. Oops.

Can we please, pretty please, just talk about helmet stickers?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's ony Wednesday so we have 5 or 6 days of "rumors" "tweets" " a friend of a friend said" " my contact in the AD told me". We will probably hear a few more names in the next week and then speculate as to whether any of them really interviewed or were really interested at all. This thing is just getting ramped up so get ready as there will be no rest for the weary.

BTW:

After the state TD left the program in, the helmet sticker will probably look like this:

beaten-up-twitter-bird.jpg

1)We spent months arguing about how we need a "splash" hire for our next head coach. You know, because we sit at an unprecedented crossroads with the chance to open a brand spankin new stadium with a brand spankin new coach. We said we needed to bring in a guy who will sell tickets and luxury boxes as well as garner local and national media attention. It was go big or go home!!! No Mike Canales because his name just doesn't "pop"! Soooooo we spent $40,000 to ensure a grandiose return on investment and came up with....DAN MCCARNEY????

2)We (well, actually just one of us) included a diatribe inside of each epistle about how the Sun Belt is horrible and how we will never get multiple bowl teams out of this league. Apparently rivals.com didn't get the memo. They're saying that we'll end up with three (3) bowl eligible teams and that all three (3) will probably go to bowls THIS YEAR. Oops.

Can we please, pretty please, just talk about helmet stickers?

:clapping:

Acutally, I like most of what you just posted, E01. In fact, you may have given me some new ideas for me to post about, too, since I do get a bit redundant again and again and all over again?

I will offer this: Outside Denton, Texas, Dan McCarney "does" seem to have what our new Prez' was looking for to change the culture and direction of Mean Green football. Not my first choice since my sentimental choice was Coach Fran, but I'm in line with this guy if he's who they agreed on. I am impressed what some ISU fans/alums posted today since Coach Mac was asked to resign but here's you one more on that: SuperFry after 17 or 18(?) years at Iowa was also encouraged to step down, too.

Emmitt, in deed, we go back and forth with both our well advanced levels of sarcasm mixed with a bit of cynic'ism in some of our posts, but you know I luv' ya' like a pop. (Now about that beer)? And I would probably continue talking about the good ol' days of NTSU, Fry Street, Norah Jones, Don Henley, Fessor Graham, UNT Jazz, Bill Vogel, John McDowell, Scottie Campbell, FFR, GrayEagle, SilverEagle, Huff, Deep Green, MG61, eulesseagle, etc, etc, long after you've left the bar, too, with me diatribing solo but you know that is what us Old Gun Alums tend to do, right? :innocent:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen