Neinis Previous Coaching Searches

Travis

He's the main middle man for a reason, apparently. Good track record it seems....

From that article he actually has as really good record...

However, I don't see any schools of our size and budget on that list...

Is it harder to find the right fit for a program of our stature...??

One thing you can't forget, Neinas didn't have a final say in who these universities ended up hiring. I'm sure he gives his recommendation, but the University decides who they want based on how they cooperatively narrow the list. McCarney could very well be a RV/Rawlins choice after Neinas points to Fran, Leavitt, etc.

Is McCarney a Neinas client? Not that it would matter if that is the Rawlins/RV choice, but I can't believe we'd turn down an opportunity to have a Leavitt or Fran here in Denton. Ticket sales and club sales would have been better with those two.

What I meant was that Neinas' list is the final list, and the University chooses who they want from his list, not necessarily the guy he thinks is the best from that list. if that makes sense... :huh:

One thing you can't forget, Neinas didn't have a final say in who these universities ended up hiring. I'm sure he gives his recommendation, but the University decides who they want based on how they cooperatively narrow the list. McCarney could very well be a RV/Rawlins choice after Neinas points to Fran, Leavitt, etc.

I wonder how big that list is...

Even I could make a list of 5 candidates (Leach, Fran, Leavitt, Bower and Canales) and tell the University, "if you hire one of these guys you'll probably make out okay"...

Certainly for his fee he must narrow it down to a favorite of his and then the University debates that against their own favorites...

I wonder how big that list is...

Even I could make a list of 5 candidates (Leach, Fran, Leavitt, Bower and Canales) and tell the University, "if you hire one of these guys you'll probably make out okay"...

Certainly for his fee he must narrow it down to a favorite of his and then the University debates that against their own favorites...

Agreed. I'm sure he gives them his final recommendation.

SleepingGiantsFan has said repeatedly that the SDSU AD signed Chuck Long despite Neinas' recommendation of Jimbo Fisher. So this scenario would not surprise me. Hopefully RV is wise enough to listen to Neinas' recommendation and combine that with what our University needs to come up with the right decision.

SleepingGiantsFan has said repeatedly that the SDSU AD signed Chuck Long despite Neinas' recommendation of Jimbo Fisher. So this scenario would not surprise me. Hopefully RV is wise enough to listen to Neinas' recommendation and combine that with what our University needs to come up with the right decision.

I should add that at the time, I was unaware that Neinas claimed to be not just a headhunter, but a "representative" of coaches. If that's accurate as one publication linked here reported, he sure better not be recommending any of coaches for which he is a representative. That kind of direct conflict of interest would get him in trouble with the bar if he were an attorney so although he doesn't have to worry about losing his license since there is none in his profession, I sure have to think that McCarney is NOT a client of his, nor is Leavitt, Kragthorpe or one of the other names which has arisen.

I should add that at the time, I was unaware that Neinas claimed to be not just a headhunter, but a "representative" of coaches. If that's accurate as one publication linked here reported, he sure better not be recommending any of coaches for which he is a representative. That kind of direct conflict of interest would get him in trouble with the bar if he were an attorney so although he doesn't have to worry about losing his license since there is none in his profession, I sure have to think that McCarney is NOT a client of his, nor is Leavitt, Kragthorpe or one of the other names which has arisen.

I have googled Chuck Neinas/agent and in 30-40 articles the only reference that I can find that Neinas is indeed an agent comes from Troy Phillips.

He is referred to as a consultant, headhunter or sometimes matchmaker but never an agent. Many of the articles refer to an agent for the hiree and none have referenced Neinas.

Chuck Neinas is, at the least, one of the most respected consultants in the NCAA. He seems to have an impeccable reputation and I don't believe that he could maintain that if he had his own list of clients that he was representing and recommending.

According to reports he will make recommendations but prefers that the university make their own choice.

Edited by GrayEagle