Canales Going Out To Local Businesses To Get Support

jtm0097

Some friends of mine told me Coach Chico was out in the community handing out spirit stickers and pumping people up about the K-state game. I dont know about yall, but I haven't heard of a coach doing that here in Denton. He was at the golden triangle mall, according to my friend. I hope he gets the head coaching gig because he seems to truely care about this town and school.

• Upvote 4

Some friends of mine told me Coach Chico was out in the community handing out spirit stickers and pumping people up about the K-state game. I dont know about yall, but I haven't heard of a coach doing that here in Denton. He was at the golden triangle mall, according to my friend. I hope he gets the head coaching gig because he seems to truely care about this town and school.

Interesting, was this today?

Canales was at the Mall. Here are his Tweets from tonight.

"Just Finished promoting K-State Game with players @ Triangle Mall. Players had a blast visiting with Fans. We appreciate support in Denton."

And then Later....

Wishing Philip Rivers and the Chargers Success Tonight. Loved coaching him @ NC State. Our Motto: QB's Work.

Rivers is having a great showing on MNF.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Canales was at the Mall. Here are his Tweets from tonight.

"Just Finished promoting K-State Game with players @ Triangle Mall. Players had a blast visiting with Fans. We appreciate support in Denton."

And then Later....

Wishing Philip Rivers and the Chargers Success Tonight. Loved coaching him @ NC State. Our Motto: QB's Work.

Rivers is having a great showing on MNF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spxziIkos_I

I was talking to my friend today, and he said that he was amazed by how nice Canales was. My friend is aspiring to be a football coach when he graduates from UNT, and he told Canales that. Canales told him to look him up when he graduates. I mean I really doubt Canales would offer my friend a job, but I thought that was awesome he told him that.

• Upvote 1

One thing that gets lost amongst the "I'm hearing from well connected, big-time donors who I won't name because they live with Santa Claus" is this question: Is our kids learning?

Seriously though, has anyone asked the current players what they think of Canales.

Well, I have. I've talked to several of them both during the Middle Tennessee watching party at Pourhouse and while tailgating for the Tech basketball game. Their two cents, "give him a contract already" (direct quote). Funny how we sit on this message board and debate the merits of this coach or that coach, or worry about whether a coach's family members DARE to pump him up, or even go so far as to run crying to the UNT President like snot-nosed fourth graders...yet we don't ask the question, "what do the young men who spend 5-6 days a week with the man and suit up to go to battle with him have to say?" Gee, I wonder why.

• Upvote 6

One thing that gets lost amongst the "I'm hearing from well connected, big-time donors who I won't name because they live with Santa Claus" is this question: Is our kids learning?

Seriously though, has anyone asked the current players what they think of Canales.

Well, I have. I've talked to several of them both during the Middle Tennessee watching party at Pourhouse and while tailgating for the Tech basketball game. Their two cents, "give him a contract already" (direct quote). Funny how we sit on this message board and debate the merits of this coach or that coach, or worry about whether a coach's family members DARE to pump him up, or even go so far as to run crying to the UNT President like snot-nosed fourth graders...yet we don't ask the question, "what do the young men who spend 5-6 days a week with the man and suit up to go to battle with him have to say?" Gee, I wonder why.

cause we're the experts. Duh...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I will be sad if Canales leaves this program. I really would love for him to stay as the Associate Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator if he doesn't get the head coaching gig.

I really like the guy. If it is Coach Fran for HC, and he pulls a Coach Fran and leaves after some success, then I want Canales to be the guy for the job.

That is my mean green wish list.

Edited by Travis

I will be sad if Canales leaves this program. I really would love for him to stay as the Associate Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator if he doesn't get the head coaching gig.

I really like the guy. If it is Coach Fran for HC, and he pulls a Coach Fran and leaves after some success, then I want Canales to be the guy for the job.

Fran is an offense guy, I don't think Canales sticks around to work with an offensive guy.

my wish list involves a donkey, a nine iron, and a bucket of ice...

i like canales as well and hope he's still with the program next week.

Edited by radiogreen
  • Upvote 1

Fran is an offense guy, I don't think Canales sticks around to work with an offensive guy.

Really? He worked for Dodge.

If McCarney is the selection, then I would prefer Canales.

If Franchione is the selection, then I would prefer Canales.

Leach...isn't any way he is coming to Denton.

elToro and his mighty band of posting brothers and sisters are eerily quiet now.

Green P1 and emmitt, great posts. I've also heard from some player's parents that state they really like Canales and would like to see him stay.

Canales isn't staying for anything else but the head coaching job.

Fran is a head coach with an offensive mind. He might see eye-to-eye with Chico and want him as his OC. He probably couldn't do better.

I love the way Canales relates to the players and the community and I hope that he can remain at North Texas for a long time.

elToro and his mighty band of posting brothers and sisters are eerily quiet now.

Green P1 and emmitt, great posts. I've also heard from some player's parents that state they really like Canales and would like to see him stay.

Sadly, you're probably right.

He saw the writing on the wall. It was a no lose situation for him. If we won, he said Dodge's ass and get the credit and help his head coaching prospects. If we lost, he would get to take over as interim HC. He know this was his best shot to be a HC rather than sitting out a year.