Interesting Note On Franchione

Harry

I know Fran has been listed as a candidate for our job. Texas State fired their coach Brad Wright today and Fran is being rumored as his replacement. Will be interesting to see where he lands. It will also be interesting to see how the North Texas hire fares compared to the hire in San Marcos. Hopefully both turn out good. GMG!

I know Fran has been listed as a candidate for our job. Texas State fired their coach Brad Wright today and Fran is being rumored as his replacement. Will be interesting to see where he lands. It will also be interesting to see how the North Texas hire fares compared to the hire in San Marcos. Hopefully both turn out good. GMG!

This certainly has potential to be very interesting!

Im in San Antonio today and heard the "breaking news" on the SA sports radio station 760 am.....many callers and talk show host seem to think Fran or Mike Leach will be the Bobcats new coach.....after i stopped laughing i realized...oh crap...UTSA already has Larry Coker....no way either one of them ends up in San Marcos....RIGHT?...please o god...RIGHT?

Im in San Antonio today and heard the "breaking news" on the SA sports radio station 760 am.....many callers and talk show host seem to think Fran or Mike Leach will be the Bobcats new coach.....after i stopped laughing i realized...oh crap...UTSA already has Larry Coker....no way either one of them ends up in San Marcos....RIGHT?...please o god...RIGHT?

Big difference here. NO school that actually fields a football team at ANY college level wanted Larry Coker. None. Not one. Zero. He talked the UTSA AD into creating a football program or he still would not have a job.

I would bet every ounce of my savings that Leach would not go there. Fran is affordable to them....question is...would he want it? Does he see a team with a future in the WAC as being his?

thats fine...but he does have a BCS National Championship Ring...that carries more weight than a few Class 5A state champ rings...IMO.....water under the bridge...i just fear our I-35 South brotheren may jump us in the pecking order if we screw this hire up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is almost laughable.

Coach Fran has already "been there-done that" at TSU-SM as their HFC when it was called Southwest Texas State U.

Coach Fran really, really wanted the North Texas job while at SWTSU but (to keep our HFC hiring record in tact) we signed Texas HS football coach Dennis Parker instead.

North Texas just dismissed another Texas HS football coach while Coach Fran has had a most interesting career since we turned him down the first time so........

.....is it time Coach Fran call North Texas and ask: "Are you ready now to get this Mean Green 747 airborne or what?" (Or just maybe he did that last week with UNT powers and come Monday or Tuesday we finally give the man our job)? :rolleyes::unsure::)

Have no idea if either Fran or UNT even had a mutual interest in each other this time around, but it would really be an interesting end to a multi-year hit and miss would-be romance between both parties if UNT announced Coach Fran Monday or Tuesday of next week.

GMG!

PS: In my wildest dreams I cannot see Fran going back to San Marcos and for darn sure with Leach even answering his phone if he saw a San Marcos area code on his Caller ID.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2