Our New Coach Will Hire His Own, But Why Not Look

PlummMeanGreen

...seem to out-recruit North Texas in our own backyard year after year? Yes, our new HFC will hire his own and probably from schools he and some of those future new UNT assistants coached before.

Like one posted yesterday, it was evident that ULM had better overall talent than UNT but they also had key players from Texas making them better than us yesterday. Who is recruiting those players away from UNT to go to ULM? And La Tech? And UL, too?

New North Texas Stadium ='s........Pay Back Time? We will finally have the vehicle (stadium) which may give La Tech, ULM and ULouisiana a reason to leave Texas :blink: and go to Florida to do their major recruiting but why not our next UNT HFC looking at the top state of Texas recruiters from each of those 3 football programs and offer em' a job in Denton? Strong rumor has it that the future assistant coach's salary budget at UNT will not be a problem to do such. :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

We have not been outrecruited by ULM for at least the last four years unless Rivals has no clue about the quality of players. Sure, some get overrated and others underrated but there shouldn't be a great variance overall.

I looked at the last four years of recruiting for North Texas and La Monroe. I took just those athletes rated 5.4 or above with the following results:

2007 - NT 5, ULM 0

2008 - NT 11, ULM 5

2009 - NT 8, ULM 3

2010 - NT 13, ULM 5

I realize that a number of those athletes did not ever report and in North Texas' case several were injured and out for the year. But, suffice it to say, even with all of our DNRs and injuries we should have had more talent on the field than ULM Saturday.

IMO, we were outcoached. The Warhawks had a lower-rated defense than us yet they disrupted many things that we intended to do and outgained us offensively by a wide margin.

We have to have the talent without question but I hope that we don't get recruiters that are not excellent coaches. That's why I've been leaning toward former successful coaches. They know what it takes to succeed.

Edited by GrayEagle

We have not been outrecruited by ULM for at least the last four years unless Rivals has no clue about the quality of players. Sure, some get overrated and others underrated but there shouldn't be a great variance overall.

I looked at the last four years of recruiting for North Texas and La Monroe. I took just those athletes rated 5.4 or above with the following results:

2007 - NT 5, ULM 0

2008 - NT 11, ULM 5

2009 - NT 8, ULM 3

2010 - NT 13, ULM 5

I realize that a number of those athletes did not ever report and in North Texas' case several were injured and out for the year. But, suffice it to say, even with all of our DNRs and injuries we should have had more talent on the field than ULM Saturday.

IMO, we were outcoached. The Warhawks had a lower-rated defense than us yet they disrupted many things that we intended to do and outgained us offensively by a wide margin.

We have to have the talent without question but I hope that we don't get recruiters that are not excellent coaches. That's why I've been leaning toward former successful coaches. They know what it takes to succeed.

Jack, not being smart, but were you there? Because their offensive line whipped our defensive lines' butts. I just thought their offensive line was very athletic, I mean there guards were agile and got to their blocks on the corners very quickly. And then the secondary? That is another story.