Nt Will Lose This Week

Cr1028

North Texas will lose this week because of two words. Norm Hitzges.

He picked us to win and that has been a death sentence pretty much throughout history.

Was it a double play? Norm just picking a winner isn't the curse.

A double-play is the thumb the pushes down on the syringe of sodium thiopental.

• Upvote 1

F'n Norm Hitzges! George Dunham should threaten to rip his tongue out should he ever pick us again.

On a lighter note, I'd like to thank ULM for taking a leak in my green kool-aid and bringing me back to reality. As far as I'm concerned, a loss to ULM is not excusable at this point. Canales just dropped out of the running in my mind. Bring on Leavitt! I want a defensive coach because ours is just flat out not getting it done.

Edited by Cr1028

F'n Norm Hitzges! George Dunham should threaten to rip his tongue out should he ever pick us again.

On a lighter note, I'd like to thank ULM for taking a leak in my green kool-aid and bringing me back to reality. As far as I'm concerned, a loss to ULM is not excusable at this point. Canales just dropped out of the running in my mind. Bring on Leavitt! I want a defensive coach because ours is just flat our not getting it done.

I think Canalas dropped out myself.

On a lighter note, I'd like to thank ULM for taking a leak in my green kool-aid and bringing me back to reality. As far as I'm concerned, a loss to ULM is not excusable at this point. Canales just dropped out of the running in my mind. Bring on Leavitt! I want a defensive coach because ours is just flat out not getting it done.

I also think this game hurt his chances more than a lot of people realize. I think it is that we got worse as the game went on. There wasn't a lot of defensive adjustments. They were running, throwing, blitzing very successfully. Number 22 and 25 looked to have an awful game. Also, our lines on both sides seemed to get dominated.

• Upvote 1

Let me get this straight:

Bad defense? Canales fault

Bad previous recruiting? Canales fault

Third string QB playing w/ broken wrist? Canales fault

Dunbar's bad ankle? Ditto

State of program? Ditto

Looks to me that if Canales really wanted the job he would have turned down the OC poaition when Dodge offered and certainly the interim position once Dodge was fired.

I'm not saying Canales should be given the job, but he should be considered based upon his coaching background. The final hire should go to the coach that wants to be here, fits our budget, is willing to get out and sell the program to recruits, the coomunity, students and alumni and most importantly, has an impressive coaching background.

Seems to me being the interim has unfairly hurt his chances

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

Let me get this straight:

Bad defense? Canales fault

Bad previous recruiting? Canales fault

Third string QB playing w/ broken wrist? Canales fault

Dunbar's bad ankle? Ditto

State of program? Ditto

Looks to me that if Canales really wanted the job he would have turned down the OC poaition when Dodge offered and certainly the interim position once Dodge was fired.

I'm not saying Canales should be given the job, but he should be considered based upon his coaching background. The final hire should go to the coach that wants to be here, fits our budget, is willing to get out and sell the program to recruits, the coomunity, students and alumni and most importantly, has an impressive coaching background.

Seems to me being the interim has unfasirly hurt his chances

You have a point but it all comes with the territory. Maybe it is unfair to judge him based on our situation but that's just the way coaching go. We just aren't in a position to give any leniency to Canles IF we have a legitimate shot in landing a guy like Leavitt, Fran etc. Time just isn't on our side if we screw this hire up again. Now even bringing in a Leavitt is no guarantee but I would rather take my chances on a proven commodity than Canales. I think our situation was to a point where regardless we just needed to clean house and get completely new blood and ideas here. It has been a very very rough 6 years and a clean slate can only help IMO.