Search

buff64

I am beginning to think that Coach Canales has no chance at the coaching position. Noticed in the DRC this am that RV had finalized the contract with the Nemis search group. It seems to me if Coach C were the man , UNT could have saved alot of money .

I am beginning to think that Coach Canales has no chance at the coaching position. Noticed in the DRC this am that RV had finalized the contract with the Nemis search group. It seems to me if Coach C were the man , UNT could have saved alot of money .

Due diligence is due diligence.

• Upvote 1

Could be. It's been more quiet this time than any that I can remember. That I credit to the Neinis group and RV. Anyone who currently has a job probably doesn't want it well know they are looking around. The more candidates interviewed and evaluated the better the end result will be. And it is still very possible to do a national search and end up with someone from your own backyard.

And it is still very possible to do a national search and end up with someone from your own backyard.

This reminds me of a national search UNT just completed but at a higher level...I think we all know what the results of that search were too. I'm thinking something similar will likely happen for our head coaching job.

RV still has to go through the paces, he committed to it at the press conference when he announced the change. And, even if it is Canales, I would still hope that we talked to other people even if the search led right back to our campus.

This reminds me of a national search UNT just completed but at a higher level...I think we all know what the results of that search were too. I'm thinking something similar will likely happen for our head coaching job.

I keep seeing this argument relating to due diligence and I question its foundation...

Rawlins was appointed in April and took office in May. The search for a long term president was already under way before he came in. The committee charged with interviewing possible candidates was to have LJ and the BOR their selection before the regular meeting this coming February. They took 7 months to select their candidate using an executive search committee (which you would hope would speed up the process in some form or fashion) and made their decision at most 3 months ahead of schedule.

I keep seeing this argument relating to due diligence and I question its foundation...

Rawlins was appointed in April and took office in May. The search for a long term president was already under way before he came in. The committee charged with interviewing possible candidates was to have LJ and the BOR their selection before the regular meeting this coming February. They took 7 months to select their candidate using an executive search committee (which you would hope would speed up the process in some form or fashion) and made their decision at most 3 months ahead of schedule.

Some people on this board hate Lee Jackson. They liked President Rawlins until Lee Jackson turns out to also like him so they must hate Rawlins now. Regardless of what you think of Jackson, even a blind squirrel does find a good nut sometimes!

I'm with you. The committee looked for seven months and decided what we had was great. Seven months is not exactly avoiding due diligence.