Too Bad We Couldn't Afford Him

cdizzle86

Ever hear of Ray Rice, Javid Best, Marion Barber, Danny Woodhead etc... Tre is bigger than all of these guys who currently play in the NFL. Where do you come up with your stuff?

Hmmm. Well, since Rice and Barber go about 215-220, I get it from seeing that he doesn't weigh in at 215-220. He may be as tall as Woodhead, but isn't built like him. And, he doesn't have Best's speed or agility.

So, I'll revise...he wasn't big enough, strong enough, fast enough, or agile enough to play in the Big 12. Too bad for Longhorn fans that Mack Brown bought the hype on him. He'd be a good Division II/FCS back playing more with kids his size and speed.

Hmmm. Well, since Rice and Barber go about 215-220, I get it from seeing that he doesn't weigh in at 215-220. He may be as tall as Woodhead, but isn't built like him. And, he doesn't have Best's speed or agility.

So, I'll revise...he wasn't big enough, strong enough, fast enough, or agile enough to play in the Big 12. Too bad for Longhorn fans that Mack Brown bought the hype on him. He'd be a good Division II/FCS back playing more with kids his size and speed.

I disagree. I hate UT as much, or more, than most but Tre would have had a place on our team. I don't know that he would have supplanted Dunbar but I'm not so sure we'd have gone out and recruited Byrd is Tre was here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm disappointed that nobody has appeared to appreciate the title of this thread given the current swirling rumors about Cam Newton and his dad and the simple fact that Nate Newton responded, on LIVE TV, to the question of why Tre wouldn't consider North Texas with, "They don't pay enough." Verbatim. :o

Joking or not, I may never know....but I'll also never forget that moment.

• Upvote 2

I'm disappointed that nobody has appeared to appreciate the title of this thread given the current swirling rumors about Cam Newton and his dad and the simple fact that Nate Newton responded, on LIVE TV, to the question of why Tre wouldn't consider North Texas with, "They don't pay enough." Verbatim. :o

Joking or not, I may never know....but I'll also never forget that moment.

Actually, I did. I was attempting to insinuate that SMU could afford him. B)

I agree that he's a little light in all of those categories, but if he changes his mind and works on his body, I certainly wouldn't mind having him compete with Hamilton and Byrd two years from now. With the Riley friendship connection, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

He's QUITTING football (the SPORT, not just the Longhorns). In other words he's retiring because he wants to be able to have a regular life and not having to deal with post concussion syndrome for the rest of his life.

Tre was a great HS player, a decent player at tU, but he is going to remain under scholarship and should get his degree on tU's dime and tying up a scholarship that would go to another 4 star recruit to sit on the bench.

I hope Tre earns his degree and has a great career and makes lots of money so he can afford to keep his drug running dad out of jail. Nate's lost so much weight, he'd be Quoner's bitch in the joint.

• Upvote 1