For Sale

MeanGreen61

Last year when we got Canales, the comments were the NT job can't hurt him. If NT is successful he gets credit, if not then the Dodge experiment was too bad for anyone to fix. We had a late opening for OC and since he had been let go late it was a good match. Now he can add a head coaching record of no worse than 2-2 with a decimated team. Herm Edwards recommends him. Jim Leavitt says he's a great coach and a great recruiter. His time at NT so far is nothing but positives. If we don't take him, he won't go hungry.

Plenty I hope but I seriously doubt anyone cares about Canales at this point at best he has a shot at OC somewhere.

Thats my point nobody knows who is suiting who, will Canales be the coach? Who knows, I hope RV is going after someone like a Bowden, Stoops, or Hawkins, but if Canales is who they choose hopefully every one will support it. If Canales is not chosen here, I do think he has probably earned some respect to get a shot somewhere in the Non-AQ's, especially if he beats ULM convincingly and plays KSU close.

Really I have to stick with the favorites from the beginning of the season? I can't judge how the teams are doing now? I think it is likely that any decent coordinator would have the same results yes. I do understand that Dodge had lost the team. I don't care what Canales does he has done enough to get evaluated. But many are ready to hand him the keys like he is the best thing since sliced bread and I don't see it that way.

I tend to agree with this statement. Two wins against teams that are 5-14 don't impress me much. I like his attitude and the way the players are responding to him. I like that is out in Denton. I like a lot of things about him, but I am not ready to hand him the keys based on three games.

Thats my point nobody knows who is suiting who, will Canales be the coach? Who knows, I hope RV is going after someone like a Bowden, Stoops, or Hawkins, but if Canales is who they choose hopefully every one will support it. If Canales is not chosen here, I do think he has probably earned some respect to get a shot somewhere in the Non-AQ's, especially if he beats ULM convincingly and plays KSU close.

I think most will.