Thoughts On Unt - Mtsu

MeanGreen61

Listening to Coach Canales, on the radio, during the post game interview, to me, imboldens an excitement that NT fans have not seen in decades. Both Coaches Dickey and Dodge seemed a bit reserved in their interview styles after every game. Coach Canales has some really up beat message intertwined with excitement. IMHO, I think he can bring that same excitement to future recruits.

I do not think that NT has EVER hired an assistant coach after the departure, for whatever reason(s), of the Head Coach. It would be an excellent time to do so. NT keeps a verbally exciting leader, keeps Coach DeLoach....who made it known when he was rehired by Coach Dodge that this is where he would like to retire and a great promotion of "Lock the Gate."

It is hard to discount that the team has bought into this along with the fans.

To those who want a HIGH profile coach.....how much do YOU want the university to spend and how much the UNIVERSITY is willing to spend are two very different opinions that will continue to be debated until a decission is finalized.

Again, IMHO, Coach Dodge did recruit some very very very talented players considering the "overall" condition of the team after Coach Dickey was released. Yea, there were some excellent players but Coach Dodge did recruit better than Coach Dickey and went after top rated players head to head against BCS schools.

Unfortunately, for each coach who has entered the "graveyard" (PMG original statement)of college coaching at Fouts Field each coach has had to, basically, begin another rebuilding process (with the exception of Coach Rusk).

Coach DeLoach has done an excellent job with the "D" and is now showing results even with all the injuries.

I just think it is time to show continuity during this time of transition from Coach Dodge and hand the coaching reigns to Coach Canales. Having R.V. and the administration bring in another coach and staff may help.....but....then again it may not. It is apparent to me that adjustments are made during these sixty minutes of chess on a 100 yard long field. It also appears to me that the players are excited about having Coach Canales and the excitement that he brings. Coach Canales was running up and down the field yesterday with the players when BIG plays were made......when was the last time anyone saw that?

Edited by eulesseagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1