If A Wrong Hire Again-Will There Be A Split Down

PlummMeanGreen

There have been worse splits in the past on this and all of the other iterations of the board. Hell, we we even split into separate boards for a while. I am sure there will be other fights and hissy fits in the future and if there weren't, the board would be pretty boring. I'm sure we'll all(or at least most) come together after this is done in a couple of weeks and find something else to get riled about. It's the GMG way and I wouldn't have it any other way. So to prepare for the next battle royal:

SOW on the helmet anyone?

What color should we use; Kelly or Forest

Anyone interested in any blue or orange accent colors?

WAC, Conference USA, Mountain West

Can TD give Shanice a ride out of town?

It was copper.

The truth hurts; doesn't it Jimmy?

Epistle #633 For SAM Coach--and no one else

Depends on what your version of truth is and how you can actually verify what you call the truth, SAM Coach. Remember, "isolate and vilify" can only work so many times (even on this Roman mob'esque board) until it becomes powerless as a tool. Yelling "Fire!" in a theatre can work about one time, too, and even "crying Wolf!" till no one believes there is a wolf has been known to be ineffective, too (except to the wolf).

And saying "the truth hurts; doesn't it Jimmy" makes me ask, "what the hell is this guy talking about this time?" Or......

.........are you trying one of those: "I hear you don't beat your wife as hard as you used to" type of thing in an attempt to undo someone and make them appear something they are not? Don't you feel sorry for those murderers who spend years on Death Row only to have DNA say they were innocent the whole time? :o

Truth? You Can't Handle The Truth, SAM Coach! And those who know me best and have for decades know I don't dispense anything concerning NT except that which can sometimes be called the unadulterated blatant truth. Even made some real "un-friends" in the UNT athletic dept. in the past for telling it like it is and that from someone whose been around UNT (much longer than anyone in that dept.) yet when I get the old "isolate and vilify" routine from anyone (which I predict will soon stop at certain quarters on our campus, too); yet an old Bible verse comes back to me: "Neither cast ye your pearls before swine." Matt 6 V.7

I have been called out from the "all about Bottom 25 mediocrity" crowd on this board for having the audacity of hope & change we can all believe in by actually wanting UNT to try to do in Denton what Coach "starts with an F--ends with a Y" did now well over 30 plus years did; but "oh no, lets just keep doing what we've been doing" and you know what? We did for the last 6 or 7 HFC hires. Mark this! We will not this time! BUT...........what we've been doing all these years is now under the high powered microscope of scrutiny. I think "accountability" will soon be a new watch word on campus and very, very soon. This Rawlins guy sounds like many of ours "kind of guy" that doesn't make shoot from the hip decisions, especially those based on emotion.

Dr. Rawlins was president at big time programs (well, much larger than ours at least) and that would be Washington State and Memphis (another school who passed us by long ago after our Missouri Valley Conference days with the Tigers) and word is now that UNT powers want to know "WHY" North Texas has not had any ranked varsity teams (at least the ones large numbers of fans pay tickets to see) in over 35 years.

Seems now many others think UNT with a new "game changer" of a new football stadium on the way now need to start adding the concept of "ranked teams" to their new vocabulary (and not Bottom 25, either). The truth is.........there is a new era around the corner for UNT and it won't be business as usual any longer in Denton. Some won't like it, neither, because everything they do from now on will be under a much more powerful microscope. Funny thing is that is the kind of work environment of accountability most of us "civilians" have worked under most our lives.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's tough to manage multiple accounts. The worst is when I sign in with my mod account and accidentally ban myself.

Quoner, you make me truly laugh! :lol:

I know we are probably a generation or 2 apart and in different political and religious camps, but the next beer is on me; well, not "on me" but you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'd like to meet you, TTG and many others I've never met who I think our differences could create some great civil discussion (like me and eulesseagle "a Chico supporter" when we had lunch earlier this week) and laugh when (at this time in our country's history) we could all use some-----laughter.

• Upvote 1