Neinas Sports Group

Charlie NT 73

With the expertise the Neinas Sports Group has with college athletics,

I would bet the Neinas Sports Group has dossiers on every college HFC

and their staff members, available on a moments notice, to review candidates

when a new HFC position becomes available.

That is their business.

The Neinas Sports Group completed a study of NT athletics. The Neinas

Sports Group was retained by NT to be a consulant with the HFC search.

The Neinas Sports Group knows Mike Canales!

I would think, Canales has value to the Neinas Sports Group.

The Neinas Sports Group is just like any other big business, having plans and

directions in place, to keep the business running and to make money.

I wonder if the Neinas Group has recommended Canales to North Texas?

I wonder if the Neinas Group has recommended Canales to other programs?

Now would this be a typical NT situation or what. Canales gets

hired as a HFC at another school, while NT is trying to make up

their mind.

You seem to think Neinas is some sort of agent for coaches looking for work. That's incorrect. Rather, he is a consultant for universities looking to hire football coaches and at least as far as I know, what he does is vet candidates. So although I'm sure he knows who Canales is, I don't think he is pushing the man for any jobs. Rather, he is weighing Canales against others who have expressed interest in the job.

BTW, I'm assuming that Texas has a public records act similar to California. If so, somebody from your local media or even any Texas taxpayer may be able to obtain Neinas' recommendation from UNT. In the case of Neinas and SDSU, the San Diego Union-Tribune was able to do so once a coach had been hired by SDSU. It is in that manner we fans became aware that our AD had hired Chuck Long rather than Neinas' recommendation, Jimbo Fisher.

Can you imagine what it would be like on this board in a year or so if another school sees how Coach Canales is handling himself and hired him away from us and he turns out to be a success? You can only guess as to the names RV would be called and the moaning about “Only at UNT” do we let coaches get away…..

We need to put a little faith in the vetting process that RV and team will use. When Canales was introduced many thought he was the “next coach in waiting” being brought in to step in if and when Dodge did not meet his target.

Neinas Sports Group

http://www.neinassports.com/

From the Neinas Sports Group web site:

"identify and assist in the employment of athletic adminstrators

and coaches"

Seems to me, the Neinas Sports Group, offers a employment

service like a corporate employment search (head hunter) organization.

Has the Neinas Sports Group given a recommendation to NT, to

consider Mike Canales for the HFC position? Nobody knows.

Has the Neinas sports Group indentified Mike Canales as a

possible HFC or assistant for any other school? Nobody knows

that answer either.

If I worked for the Neinas sports Group, I certainly would

have a dossier on Mike Canales.

Can you imagine what it would be like on this board in a year or so if another school sees how Coach Canales is handling himself and hired him away from us and he turns out to be a success? You can only guess as to the names RV would be called and the moaning about “Only at UNT” do we let coaches get away…..

We need to put a little faith in the vetting process that RV and team will use. When Canales was introduced many thought he was the “next coach in waiting” being brought in to step in if and when Dodge did not meet his target.

The reverse is also true regarding the hiring of Canales. If he is hired with only a minutia of the success enjoyed by some of the other candidates and he fails then the "Only at UNT" moans will be deafening.

The reverse is also true regarding the hiring of Canales. If he is hired with only a minutia of the success enjoyed by some of the other candidates and he fails then the "Only at UNT" moans will be deafening.

Isn’t the life of an armchair quarterback/fan great???

Now would this be a typical NT situation or what. Canales gets

hired as a HFC at another school, while NT is trying to make up

their mind.

The nightmare wouldn't be that Mike Canales was hired away while the university was making up it's mind...

The nightmare would be that Canales went somewhere and was an incredible success while the new coach at UNT floundered for a few years before being canned...

There is nothing more horrifying or embarrassing than to have had the answer in house all along and not realized it...

Right now Canales is riding a wave of good feeling because he is new and has had some obvious success... That doesn't make him the slam dunk candidate some think he is...

At the very least, however, he deserves to be strongly considered and evaluated before being thrown back into the water...