Lovefest On The Wac Board

DeepGreen

The WAC is slowly but surely dying.

Oh, and I love Yoda. It's been a dozen years since the so-called Gang of Five (BYU, Utah, CSU, Wyoming and AFA) dissed Fresno State by not inviting them to leave the WAC for the MWC yet Yoda still feels jilted. Personally, I was dumped by several girlfriends for somebody else but always managed to get over it within a month or so.

Unless I miss my bet, Yoda's gravestone is going to read "Fresno State should have stayed in the WAC!"

Edited by SleepingGiantsFan

Oh, and I love Yoda. It's been a dozen years since the so-called Gang of Five (BYU, Utah, CSU, Wyoming and AFA) dissed Fresno State by not inviting them to leave the WAC for the MWC yet Yoda still feels jilted. Personally, I was dumped by several girlfriends for somebody else but always managed to get over it within a month or so.

Unless I miss my bet, Yoda's gravestone is going to read "Fresno State should have stayed in the WAC!"

It's Southland West.

It's Southland West.

Hate to see the two Texas schools go west. Sure would have been nice to add another one or two Texas schools to the Sunbelt.Missed opportunites to create natural rivals for UNT.

buff64, long time no see...but I think UNT may need to start being like TCU and purposefully keep ourselves separated from certain Texas schools. Unfortunately, these are times to be a bit smug & snooty in the NCAA whether we like it or not. This trend started a few years ago when TCU lost no sleep whatsoever not wanting to be in bed with their forever bobsy twin, ie, Southern Methodist U. and made no bones about it that they did not want to be in any conference with the Mustangs. I think TCU is reaping the dividends of that attitude today; ;of course, they've done many other things to get where they are, too.

UNT doesn't need to add schools to our level to recruit against in other words. We have enough competitors already with La Tech being one we recruit against maybe more than the other 2 Sun Belt schools in Louisisana.

Yet........in recruiting, where would most recruits now want to choose to spend their next 4 or 5 years--SMU or TCU? TCU will get a BCS Bowl this Fall while SMU may very well end up in a bowl that they will lose money getting to and certainly won't take too many traveling 'stang fans, either.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

You would think Hawaii is a team that could go independent tomorrow and and have no problems???? What about the "other" sports??

On another issue ... Could we see a merger between the Sun Belt and the WAC in the future :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by El Paso Eagle

Hate to see the two Texas schools go west. Sure would have been nice to add another one or two Texas schools to the Sunbelt.Missed opportunites to create natural rivals for UNT.

Yeah, the conference missed an opportunity to add one or two programs who are new to FBS Division. I'll sleep well tonight.

• Upvote 1

buff64, long time no see...but I think UNT may need to start being like TCU and purposefully keep ourselves separated from certain Texas schools. Unfortunately, these are times to be a bit smug & snooty in the NCAA whether we like it or not. This trend started a few years ago when TCU lost no sleep whatsoever not wanting to be in bed with their forever bobsy twin, ie, Southern Methodist U. and made no bones about it that they did not want to be in any conference with the Mustangs. I think TCU is reaping the dividends of that attitude today; ;of course, they've done many other things to get where they are, too.

UNT doesn't need to add schools to our level to recruit against in other words. We have enough competitors already with La Tech being one we recruit against maybe more than the other 2 Sun Belt schools in Louisisana.

Yet........in recruiting, where would most recruits now want to choose to spend their next 4 or 5 years--SMU or TCU? TCU will get a BCS Bowl this Fall while SMU may very well end up in a bowl that they will lose money getting to and certainly won't take too many traveling 'stang fans, either.

I totally agree with PMG on this. I have said it before and prefer to say it again, PISS on Texas State. I have not yet formed a plan for what to do with UTSA, but based on some conslutants ideas that were received, it is envisioned generally to be something worse.