Leach Lying Low In Key West

gangrene

Leach lying low in Key West

I thought this was a nice, current article on Mike Leach. It sounds like he's enjoying his time away from football and is in no real hurry to find his next head coaching gig, although he did say this:

Return to football?

Leach would love to get another college head-coaching job, but he says he hasn't been contacted by anyone yet, despite some speculation that he's a candidate for Minnesota's opening.

"I think it's better to wait and see what comes my way," Leach says. "You want a place that's not just signed up, but wants to win. Academics are important. I want one boss that's in charge and a place that values teamwork."

I don't care what camp you are in it would be insane for us not to contact Leach,if we got him we need to get Tech back on the Schedule.

Come on, now. UNT shouldn't even bother to contact Leach. I mean, we are soooo low on the college football food chain that he would NEVER even consider us. We should just be happy with the current interm coach who has 0 experience leading an FBS program and is 1-1 as the interm. That guy should be a shoe in for the job here, since all we really want is a nice guy that wins 4 to 5 games a year in the Sun Belt conference.

Really, we shouldn't set our sights too high. We don't want to accomplish too much, ya know?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If Leach is down at Key West and doing some games and ESPN, he may end up like Jimmy Johnson and stay in paradise and live the good life.

Perhaps, but Leach is only 49 and has zero NCAA National Championship rings, zero Super Bowl rings and something to prove. I don't think we've seen the last of Leach's coaching days.