Downfall Of The Big 12 At Hand?

ESPN and Texas have been talking for a while about who is starting the UT network. Same with OU. Both have nothing to do with the Big 12 dying.

This is the same setup that the entire SEC has with a local rights owned by the team and the league rights going outside of the local market. Imagine that, the hard line has no idea what is actually happening on a sporting topic.

I won't disagree with you about the Hardline...I listen to the for sheer entertainment, not deep sports knowledge. Corby's thought was that this may push Texas to become independent soon. He threw out 2 years, but it was probably hyperbole used in the context of an informal discussion they were having.

$30M a year in total TV revenue is much higher than their conference mates and larger than any other single school in the nation (I believe). Might it push OU and/or A&M to seriously look at the SEC?

Edited by BeanCounterGrad'03

I won't disagree with you about the Hardline...I listen to the for sheer entertainment, not deep sports knowledge. Corby's thought was that this may push Texas to become independent soon. He threw out 2 years, but it was probably hyperbole used in the context of an informal discussion they were having.

$30M a year in total TV revenue is much higher than their conference mates and larger than any other single school in the nation (I believe). Might it push OU and/or A&M to seriously look at the SEC?

You really need to follow up on my suggested therapist, you are in worse shape than I thought. :no:

Edited by UNTFan23

You really need to follow up on my suggested therapist, you are in worse shape than I thought. :no:

Hey...boredom at work can do strange things to person's psyche.

But I won't apologize...hell, if millions can find NASCAR entertaining, me finding entertainment in listening to the Ticket can't be all that strange.

• Upvote 1

I work with a large number of T-shirt alum and some of the biggest D-Bags support UT. We've all seen how people just clamor to a winner (Rangers) and they will run from a loser just as quick. If UT continues this season like its playing now and have a bad year or 2, watch the "fans" jump ship quicker than I'd jump on a 12 pack of shiner.

I work with a large number of T-shirt alum and some of the biggest D-Bags support UT. We've all seen how people just clamor to a winner (Rangers) and they will run from a loser just as quick. If UT continues this season like its playing now and have a bad year or 2, watch the "fans" jump ship quicker than I'd jump on a 12 pack of shiner.

:o Don't jump on the Shiner! Treat it kindly, and it will be kind to you. :)

If UT became independent, the Big 12 would probably last longer. I doubt the SEC would be in a hurry to add OU and A&M (I think the SEC only expands if the Big 10 and Pac 12 expand). After OU and A&M none of the other schools would go anywhere. They would add TCU and a couple of other schools. The Big 12 would then fall to the level of the Big East and ACC for football.

I doubt UT leaves the Big 12. I don't think they'd want to lose the fairly easy path to the BCS. They already make more money than anybody else so why go independent. But who knows for sure. This conference stuff changes every week or so.

ESPN and Texas have been talking for a while about who is starting the UT network. Same with OU. Both have nothing to do with the Big 12 dying.

This is the same setup that the entire SEC has with a local rights owned by the team and the league rights going outside of the local market. Imagine that, the hard line Corby has no idea what is actually happening on a sporting topic.

Edited for specificity.

Edited by MeanMag