Most Comprehensive Potential Hc List To Date

gangrene

I think the list of coaches we shouldn't consider may actually be shorter than this one from the Coaches Hot Seat blog. I think I'll bet the field.

North Texas Todd Dodge

Fired: October 20, 2010

3+ Years at North Texas

2007 – 2010 – Record: 6 – 37 (.140)

Potential Replacements

Shane Beamer, South Carolina Asst. Coach

Terry Bowden, North Alabama HC

Jeff Bower, Former Southern Miss HC

Gunter Brewer, Oklahoma State Assistant Coach

John Chavis, LSU DC

Frank Cignetti, Pitt OC

Greg Davis, Texas OC

Manny Diaz, Mississippi State DC

Bud Foster, Virginia Tech DC

Dennis Franchione, Former Bama, A&M…, HC

Tony Franklin, La. Tech OC

Eddie Gran, Florida State Assistant Coach

Cale Gundy, Oklahoma Assistant Coach

Charlie Harbison, Clemson Co-DC

Brian Harsin, Boise State OC

Dana Holgorsen, Oklahoma State OC

Joey Jones, South Alabama HC

Vic Koenning, Illinois DC

Steve Kragthorpe, Former Tulsa & UL HC

Mike Leach, Former Texas Tech HC

Jim Leavitt, Former USF HC

Andy Ludwig, California OC

Gus Malzahn, Auburn OC

Dan McCarney, Former Iowa State HC

Jim McElwain, Alabama OC

Tyrone Nix, Mississippi DC

Paul Petrino, Illinois OC

Jay Norvell, Oklahoma Asst. Coach

David Shaw, Stanford OC

Kirby Smart, Alabama DC

Kevin Steele, Clemson DC

Mark Stoops, Florida State DC

Brent Venables, Oklahoma DC

Shawn Watson, Nebraska OC

Kevin Wilson, Oklahoma OC

Bill Young, Oklahoma State DC

The only candidates that I would be interested in are candidates that have either...

built/rebuilt a program from the ground up..or

been part of a staff that built/rebuilt a program from the ground up.

I also want someone who has either been a HC in college (any level) or has applied to be a HC at the college level. I don't think that Canales has ever been a HC at the college level, nor do I know if he ever gone after a head coaching job.

The only candidates that I know of that have done that (built/rebuilt programs) are Levitt and Francione.....and maybe Canales.

I'm more intriqued with the idea that Franchione might come here and bring his son as DC.

I also still like Don Carthel at WT A&M.

The only candidates that I would be interested in are candidates that have either...

I also want someone who has either been a HC in college (any level) or has applied to be a HC at the college level. I don't think that Canales has ever been a HC at the college level, nor do I know if he ever gone after a head coaching job.

The only candidates that I know of that have done that (built/rebuilt programs) are Levitt and Francione.....and maybe Canales.

I'm more intriqued with the idea that Franchione might come here and bring his son as DC.

I would give more of a plus to those who were involved with re-building programs. Re-building means you have to overcome some bad recent history while building you don't have a history to worry about.

I think a read in another thread that Canales has applied for HC jobs in the past, but I know none of the details.

The only thing don't like about Carthel is over coming the "who's that" factor. I know who he is but that if from posts here by Buff64 or Silver Eagle. I never see another about WTA&M in the paper or on the internet.

Still, he does have the background and it would not be a case of "on the job training" with him.

Greg Davis? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One only needs to ask Syracuse what happened the last time someone hired a Whorn Coordinator.

Just Say No to UT!!!

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1

this is a great list, and i hope carthel is interviewed. question: do you think fran jr. at bjc will be considered?

this is a great list, and i hope carthel is interviewed. question: do you think fran jr. at bjc will be considered?

I hope not. I think that he will be a good coach some day, but I don't want him learning on the job here. Now, if he was hired as an coordinator and was here for a few years and our new coach left, I would be ok with him being promoted at that time if he has shown something.

Look, bring anyone here but DO NOT HIRE GREG DAVIS.

If I might jump in here, I would absolutely say the same about Vic Koenning. SDSU plays at Wyoming on Saturday so the stats are fresh in mind.

SDSU's record in Laramie against Cowboys teams not coached by Vic Koenning: 2-11.

SDSU's record in Laramie against Cowboys teams coached by Vic Koenning: 2-0.

Vic Koenning's overall record at Wyoming: 5-29.

Number of Wyoming head coaches fired after only three years: 1. (Guess who.)

Some guys are very good coordinators but when promoted to head coach the Peter Principle kicks in like the blitzkrieg over Poland. That's Vic Koenning.