North Texas Is A Sleeping Giant

MizzouTigers

I'm outta here to sail away into the Western Caribbean so it is my hope that RV will pick up the phone, call Leavitt and bring him in for an interview while I'm gone. I'll check in when I get to an internet connection Belize or perhaps that guy in Honduras will meet me at the dock with good news in Roatan.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

A Mean Green Prayer:

O Lord God of the Mean Green Universe, you know (since you know the number of hairs on my head) that I may have just 15 to 20 years left on the Big Green Planet unless I slip on a banana peel or get ambushed by a gang of our well meaning and most loyal to the cause Young Gun Alums. But for the rest of my time here (and I can't blame Mizzou Tiger because I' sure he/she doesn't know our past in the modern era of NCAA football in MG Country; but please don't let me hear "UNT Is A Sleeping Giant" not one more time because it just sticks in my craw now as a grumpy ol' man and makes my eyes go into a continous "roll back" status.

And Leavitt? Please help us discern if this guy is the real deal or just another flavor of the week on a collegiate smack board like GoMeanGreen.com. Please show us what we need to know because we truly do not need to mess up again in this hiring. We truly may need "Your" divine intervention on this one because most of the rest of us really don't have a clue. (Look who I pushed to be our HFC last go around for example). :blink:

Yet there are some things You know I do want to hear in my last years concerning the Mean Green. "You" know what made us successful before in Denton; you know, as in personnel from top to bottom, those with true professional customer servcie skills, etc, whereas we acutally had a coach who had more winnning seasons than losing ones so just smile on us one more time and allow us to (I suppose) get lucky into another hiring that meets a similar criteria. AND.........thanks for all You do and for a Big, Big Bonus and in a more serious note....please heal our divided country and make people who don't like each other to start liking each other in spite of their 180 degree opposite persuasions. Amen.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 3

Sleeping Giant State Park is just north of New Haven, between the towns of Hamden and Cheshire. Very nice hiking trails...especially lovely in the fall when the leaves change. And they have a nice 9 hole golf course.

If you find a big, Kelly Green, college football "P" taking a nap there, could you please wake it up and Fed Ex it to Denton, Texas?