Leavitt, Leach, And 2Nd Chances

Eagle-96

Both Leavitt and Leach were terminated last season for accusations of player mistreatment. They lost high profile jobs and their reputations suffered greatly but I am one to say that everyone deserves a 2nd chance. We can debate which coach perpetrated a more egregious offense. We can debate how accurate the reports are regarding the incidents. But one thing I hope we can come to an agreement on is that 2nd chances are an important part of life. I know I have made mistakes in the past much like most of the people reading this post. I know that some people take a 2nd chance, make the most of it and move on with heir lives for the better. I also know that there are some that take a 2nd chance and never learn a thing only to make the same mistakes. We will never know until that person is given anothr chance. I know I am glad that Ron Washington was given a 2nd chance. I don't condone what Leavitt is accused of but I think he would be a tremendous hire and one that can take us to the levels that so many on this board have only dreamed of in their wildest of dreams. Leavitt built that program at USF with a double wide and a borrowed stadium. Just imagine what he could do here with the temple being built across the street. I think he sees the potential and he wants in.

• Upvote 1

Leach would be insanely good here for a four or five years, a Leach Team would fill the new stadium and probably cause a second phase stadium increase in seats to be added. Basically for having to deal with Leach's Ego and probably him shopping us after a few years, he could get us to the next level in college football, sponsors, and donations. I could care less about Adam James that was a complete witch hunt, Craig James and Tech will pay heavily for it. I imagine Leach will walk away from Tech with 30 million dollars in his pocket. I think UNT can find a way to pay for Leach if they want to we are not the poor UNT we used to be. Basically I think Leach would more then pay for himself especially if the contract was constructed with very heavy performance incentives.

• Upvote 2

Remember that there were some questions about Johnny Jones' involvement in the recruiting scandal at Alabama when he came to UNT. That gamble has worked out very well.

Correction, LSU. But, I thought about Coach Jones after reading a lot of the posts arguing that would should get Leavitt, and you are right there have been no problems. Sometimes a mistake by an individual does not reveal their true character, it is how they learn from that mistake and conduct themselves from that point on.

That said, I trust RV will look into Leavitt's incident with due diligence just as he probably did with Coach Jones. Of course, he probably did not have to do much since he was familiar with Johnny from his own time at LSU. I trust in RV and will support whatever decision he makes.

i don't think we can afford to take a chance on a former head coach with baggage after our last bad hire. i just can't believe that we can't find a successful head coach with character, instead of a retread who was fired from his last job. let some other program give these guys a second chance. we need to give someone a first chance. just an opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

i don't think we can afford to take a chance on a former head coach with baggage after our last bad hire. i just can't believe that we can't find a successful head coach with character, instead of a retread who was fired from his last job. let some other program give these guys a second chance. we need to give someone a first chance. just an opinion.

Leach is a retread really, you have no idea do you.

• Upvote 1

People keep saying 2nd chance like it's already been proven they are guilty of what they are accused of. Let me tell a story and you'll understand why I would be happy with Leach or Leavitt becoming our next coach. I had a good friend that went through a divorce several years ago. At first things went fairly smooth, why did they go smooth you might ask? Well basically he was giving her everything she asked for in the settlement. He was a great guy, in fact, she was still coming over to his house periodically for a little yada yada!. However, eventually he got tired of her outrageous demands and finally told her HELL NO!. Guess what? She accused him of abuse. Said that during their entire marriage he physically and mentally abused her and she was terrified of him. Scared but she would still come over voluntarily when they were separated, sounds fishy. After over 2 years and who knows how much in attorney fee's, my friend got redemption. He found out that wifey poo had been sleeping with some guy almost their entire marriage. Also found out that she had taken credit cards out in his name and furnished her boyfriends home with furniture purchased on the credit card. During the final divorce hearing, my friends attorney called his last witness. The witness was no other than........... the guy his wife had been sleeping with. The guy admitted that the wife told him she made up the abuse stories because she knew most people heard abuse and formed their opinion that the person being accused was guilty. She thought it would make him cave and give her all she wanted. So, unfortunately false allegations are being used more and more on innocent people. Leach and Leavitt are innocent of any wrongdoing so far so they are still on their 1st chance, not their 2nd.

People keep saying 2nd chance like it's already been proven they are guilty of what they are accused of. Let me tell a story and you'll understand why I would be happy with Leach or Leavitt becoming our next coach. I had a good friend that went through a divorce several years ago. At first things went fairly smooth, why did they go smooth you might ask? Well basically he was giving her everything she asked for in the settlement. He was a great guy, in fact, she was still coming over to his house periodically for a little yada yada!. However, eventually he got tired of her outrageous demands and finally told her HELL NO!. Guess what? She accused him of abuse. Said that during their entire marriage he physically and mentally abused her and she was terrified of him. Scared but she would still come over voluntarily when they were separated, sounds fishy. After over 2 years and who knows how much in attorney fee's, my friend got redemption. He found out that wifey poo had been sleeping with some guy almost their entire marriage. Also found out that she had taken credit cards out in his name and furnished her boyfriends home with furniture purchased on the credit card. During the final divorce hearing, my friends attorney called his last witness. The witness was no other than........... the guy his wife had been sleeping with. The guy admitted that the wife told him she made up the abuse stories because she knew most people heard abuse and formed their opinion that the person being accused was guilty. She thought it would make him cave and give her all she wanted. So, unfortunately false allegations are being used more and more on innocent people. Leach and Leavitt are innocent of any wrongdoing so far so they are still on their 1st chance, not their 2nd.

I just love a story with a happy ending!!! :clapping:

i don't think we can afford to take a chance on a former head coach with baggage after our last bad hire.

There is no baggage from the last hire. You make it sound like Dodge was such a bad guy, we can't take another chance on someone with anything even remotely controversial in their past. You know that isn't right.

The baggage from the last coach is the fact that he didn't know how to succeed at this level. Neither Leach or Leavitt have this "baggage", so you should be more than happy with either as your next coach.

The retread comment is just ridiculous as applied to Leach or Leavitt.