Mean Green Insider

Marty

Watching this week Insider is almost surreal seeing Hank interview TD. Obviously filmed Monday, TD talks about this weeks practice schedule, hitting the recruiting trail on Friday, and getting some of the injured players back. But in a way, TD looks more relaxed that he has in previous shows. Maybe he had a feeling what was coming Wednesday and knew that huge weight was going to be lifted off his shoulders. As stated on here before, TD is a class act and I wish him well in whatever comes his way in the future.

One of the saddest terminations I've witnessed, because I know he gave it his best, but it was just one of those things in life that didn't work out.

Yes, very sad indeed. This was supposed to be a Texas football fairytale. Coaching legend and super son ride into Denton and get us out of a 2-year losing ditch (Dickey's last 2 years) where the program was heading downhill very fast. I sure wish it would have worked out. The saddest part is that I believe Todd worked as hard as any college football coach and really loves UNT. Also, I believe him to be a man of very high morals who loves and wants to take care of the kids on his team. Sometimes the world is just cruel.

That being said - the firing absolutely had to be done. I think all in the Mean Green Nation (including the Dodge family) had a sigh of relief when Rick finally pulled the trigger. What a huge weight off of everyone's shoulders.

Now - Full Speed Ahead!!!

Edited by ForneyGreen