Failed Experiments And Great Expectations

Harry

Seems a little harsh and I never wanted Dodge to start with. There's no reason for people to feel hurt by Dodge's performance, this is a businesses and he just didn't measure up.

I do remember watching spring training with Matt a few years back, when he thought Dodge could still turn it around and I thought he'd be 3 and out. We were debating who the next coach and said a name guy like Fran, because it the one thing the school hasn't tried. We can't spend all this money on a new stadium and not bring in name coach right?

Great article, Harry. Carbon copy tale for many die hard NT fans. You mention 2 names trickling down the rumor mill. I'm guessing the usual suspect Bower is one who is the other?

Actually Matt McCombs wrote that article for us and I am sure he will share his thoughts on that other one. I thought he did a nice job with that article as well!

That article is absolutely spot on. Coaching careers die here because those coaches were brought in as cheaply as possible.

You get what you pay for. I would love to see this university commit $1 million to a head coach and $1 million to pay his staff.

If you refuse to do it the proper way, just drop down to FCS division and stop pretending you are something you are not.

• Downvote 1

Harry - You need to change the "Author" line at the top of the article to reflect who the actual author is. I got turned off on the article after reading the first paragraph or so and stopped reading...not because I was offended about the opinions or anything, but because I didn't think it was an accurate reflection of the feelings I think you've had over the past serveral years regarding the program. I was put off by the fact that you'd come in after the firing and portray your feelings that way. It was my impression that you continued to support the program and hope for the best without "checking out".

May just be me.

• Upvote 1

That article is absolutely spot on. Coaching careers die here because those coaches were brought in as cheaply as possible.

You get what you pay for. I would love to see this university commit $1 million to a head coach and $1 million to pay his staff.

If you refuse to do it the proper way, just drop down to FCS division and stop pretending you are something you are not.

Be careful. There are plenty of folks around here that would be just fine with that. If you think otherwise, ask yourself this question. If the students got a chance to vote on that fee again, how many would vote for it and how many faculty members would stand up against it a little bit louder than last year? I think the answer is fairly obvious to me, plus the city of Denton ain't exactly rushing down to the Athletic Department to make sure that it is supported properly.

Nice article but from the title I was expecting a new Muse release. They are, by the way, a heckuva show.

Now I don't know it is reasonable to expect our school will right now blow it out for $600K+ for a real coach. Maybe though they went and already lined up the money somehow. If they did and they have it together then I will be astonished in such a way that I would definitely increase my support. I am sure others would feel the same. The time has come to make things right!