Fans Of Other Schools Discussing Who Unt Should Hire

gangrene

A collection of links to other messageboards where UNT's next coach is being discussed (some weren't worth linking, so I didn't):

UNT's next coach - Texas Tech

North Texas fires Todd Dodge - Texas

UNT fires Dodge - effective immediately - CUSA board

UNT fires coach, of course you know whose names pops up - Southern Miss

Todd Dodge to be fired today - TCU

Todd Dodge fired at North Texas - Rice

Dodge done at North Texas - OU

Edited by gangrene
Updated to include more links

Nice that they think so highly of UNT. <_<

Let this be a lesson for those of you who choose to live the insulated life where North Texas is king. This is what everyone outside of Denton and outside of our own happy little fantasylands think of North Texas athletics. THIS is why we need a big name like Mike Leach to come in, draw some positive attention to the program, and bring in support from people outside of the current small inner-circle.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Let this be a lesson for those of you who choose to live the insulated life where North Texas is king. This is what everyone outside of Denton and outside of our own happy little fantasylands think of North Texas athletics. THIS is why we need a big name like Mike Leach to come in, draw some positive attention to the program, and bring in support from people outside of the current small inner-circle.

...except that you never know what Leach is going to say. And if things don't go his way (for any reason) he could publically trash North Texas.....and more media outlets will be listening. I basically don't trust Mike Leach.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Lol at TCU fans calling us a commuter school with no enthusiasm for football. They have a top 5 team and can't even sell out their stadium.. Wow

Tough to say there is lack of student support when they voted to help pay for the new stadium.

TCU has sold out three home games this season but don't let the facts get in the way.

There's a fact that just got in your way. TCU sold out one game this year (Baylor). They have done better in attendance but they are not selling out. Their stadium has a capacity of 44,358 and the other three home games have drawn 40,416, 38,081, and 37,117.

• Upvote 4

There's a fact that just got in your way. TCU sold out one game this year (Baylor). They have done better in attendance but they are not selling out. Their stadium has a capacity of 44,358 and the other three home games have drawn 40,416, 38,081, and 37,117.

The Air Force game is already sold out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have to agree with you to a point, in that this is a perfect scolding to the students on the board. Because the rest of us, those of us who have jobs and go to work with the likes of the same people who post on those other fan message boards, have to put up with and hear that same crap about North Texas EVERY DAY. Back in '02 and '03 it wasn't that way. Now it's brutal.

So going back to your original point, this is the most critical hire in history for us and we need a proven winner that say's the losing mentality at North Texas is over and we are serious about College Football.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

The Tech board gets the award for most clueless. Nice discussion on the CUSA board.

My vote goes with the Sooners....who kept referring to TD's first game and how we were so stupid for thinking we could beat them and that the highlight of TD's career was pushing the OU QB out of bounds. Soonerville... You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

• Upvote 2

The only fans of other schools with opinions worth acknowledging are the ones who come here and repeatedly, loudly, abrasively, obnoxiously flood the forum with raves and praise for their candidate of choice.

And that acknowledgment needn't necessarily be positive.

...except that you never know what Leach is going to say. And if things don't go his way (for any reason) he could publically trash North Texas.....and more media outlets will be listening. I basically don't trust Mike Leach.

+1 for you sir. I would not trust Mike Leach as far as I could pick him up and throw him...and the last time I looked and from Flyers avatar it looks like I couldn't throw Mr. Pudgy very far! HA! :lol: Once more, NO to Mike Leach for UNT. The guy is much more suited to be some position coach or coordinator in the pros than on any college campus having to deal with their administration, their boosters and young men. It's an opinion folks...if you like Leach for UNT...OK, good for you.