A Few Words On The Pancake Breakfast....

UNTflyer

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share with you a few facts about the pancake breakfast and why we are doing things the way we are.

I have received some messages expressing concerns about not selling tickets at the door. The reason for this is because all events at the UNT Gateway Center that serve food must be catered by Verde. They require a headcount two days in advance in order to prepare for the day of the event. Selling tickets online gives us the ability to provide an exact headcount.

Now... I would LOVE IT if the response level for our events over the last year had been consistently high. I could then confidentally tell Verde to prepare 200 meals, put up the deposit, and know that I'm going to sell out the event. But that is not the case. While attendance for our quarterly mixers has been steadily improving, we are "not there yet." If we estimate that 200 people are going to attend, put up a large deposit, and nobody shows up.... we not only lose money, but we damage our reputation and our relationship with the athletic department.

When I volunteered to become the President of the UNTAA-Denton Chapter, I promised the board of directors that I would work hard to plan new events that not only promote the University of North Texas and the alumni association, but to do what we can to increase revenue into our scholarship fund. I am doing everything I can to keep that promise, but I need your help.

Show everyone that we can hold these fundraising events and be succesful. Buy tickets, get a friend or family member to attend, and show up! And remember... this money goes to fund scholarships for UNT students. The Denton Chapter is made up totally of volunteers who work hard to make events for you... and we LOVE DOING IT!

http://untpancakebre...eventbrite.com/ << Buy your tickets here!

Best Regards,

Derrick Murray

President, UNT Alumni Association-Denton Chapter

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 1